British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

SEC 2020 - 5th round Torun Wednesday July 29th live on Eurosport

6 minutes ago, False dawn said:

British National Anthem

He's just being a pedant, Lambert rides under the Union Flag, end of.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Good effort from Lambert, he's really kicked on this year.

I can see him joining a big Polish club next year. I know Leszno are very keen on him.

Opole may put in a big bid.   Could become a Zlots war

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1

Well Robert Lambert is trending on Twitter. Number 17 on most talked about subjects in UK. That is a noticeable achievement.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Well done Robert. I must admit during the series I was waiting for him to collapse, but pleasantly surprised that he didn’t. In fact he kept his cool and concentration extremely well. The prize was immense, first one to qualify for 2021 GP’ series.

re Nicki P,  I noticed no one these days takes a chance of swooping round a bend and going round him down the straight, it’s either go up the inside of hold back till next corner. Very wise, after all, who wants to be fenced.

Roll on the 2020 GP’s.

• Like 1

So pleased for Lambert.Being a Lynn fan and British of course i was so nervous watching that.He thoroughly deserved that,so consistent through the series and deserves his GP spot next season.

While i'm so happy for him,i am also a little concerned he may have to give British speedway a miss from next season.You would expect him to have spots in Poland and Sweden+the GP's,that may be enough for him.I sincerely hope not,but he has to think of himself to go that next step up the ladder.

Congratulations to Robert Lambert. SEC Champion. How good does that sound?
I now hope that all those British Speedway promoters who for the last 6-7 years had a misguided opinion of their place in the world speedway food chain, and who campaigned against any British rider from gracing this tournament promoted by a Polish company, who derided the tournament, and threatened sanctions against anyone who wanted to be involved (Scott Nicholls, anyone?) now eat a double helping of Humble Pie covered in Pooh Sauce.
This tournament has proven its worth and has proven the British Speedway promoters wrong again. Can't wait now for some hypocritical congratulations to appear on the BSPA web site :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:   If anyone needs some grit for the winter, the promoters teeth will have as much as you like to spare.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So pleased for Lambert.Being a Lynn fan and British of course i was so nervous watching that.He thoroughly deserved that,so consistent through the series and deserves his GP spot next season.

While i'm so happy for him,i am also a little concerned he may have to give British speedway a miss from next season.You would expect him to have spots in Poland and Sweden+the GP's,that may be enough for him.I sincerely hope not,but he has to think of himself to go that next step up the ladder.

I’d suggest it’s inevitable, if not next year the very soon. Fair play to him if he thinks that’s the best way forward, wouldn’t get any criticism from me.

• Like 2

Excellent result from a talented racer.

only 22 and European Champion with a guaranteed SGP place for 2021...delighted for the young man

8 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Congratulations to Robert Lambert. SEC Champion. How good does that sound?
I now hope that all those British Speedway promoters who for the last 6-7 years had a misguided opinion of their place in the world speedway food chain, and who campaigned against any British rider from gracing this tournament promoted by a Polish company, who derided the tournament, and threatened sanctions against anyone who wanted to be involved (Scott Nicholls, anyone?) now eat a double helping of Humble Pie covered in Pooh Sauce.
This tournament has proven its worth and has proven the British Speedway promoters wrong again. Can't wait now for some hypocritical congratulations to appear on the BSPA web site :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:   If anyone needs some grit for the winter, the promoters teeth will have as much as you like to spare.

Hear ! hear...!

well said uk_martin...

I like it, I like it...

• Like 1

Well done Robert Lambert ,has certainly moved up a level this season and is maintaining his form.

2 hours ago, tyke said:

Agree but the next one down the list would struggle to get in the top 30

Last season Cook was the only other Brit in the top 50 ( in my estimation).

His has turned the corner for sure. Hope we see him for the Stars in 2021, but i have my doubts about  him riding in the UK now..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nw42 said:

He's just being a pedant, Lambert rides under the Union Flag, end of.

But he will call the likes of Murray, Calzaghe, Thomas etc Brits I expect. 

Brilliant result for Lambert. Is he on par with Woffy at the moment? I think so.