British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

SEC 2020 - 5th round Torun Wednesday July 29th live on Eurosport

Great to see how well Lambert has progressed this season, some of the criticism he got last year was ridiculous especially when you consider the injuries he had. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pinny said:

But he will call the likes of Murray, Calzaghe, Thomas etc Brits I expect. 

Brilliant result for Lambert. Is he on par with Woffy at the moment? I think so. 

I don't. Robert has made huge strides this season, however he isn't the completely finished article just yet.  Yes he's beaten Tai in Polish League racing, but let's see how he goes in next years GP (assuming it's back running normally).  Tai will most definitely be challenging when Robert will do fantastically well just finishing in the top 8.  However, it's brilliant to have 2 British riders to support in the GP's once again and we now have a realistic chance of winning the SON later this year! :cheers:

15 hours ago, mikebv said:

Great ride by Warriner...

I mean Vorriner....

I mean Voreeni...

I mean Veroni.....:D

Very disappointed in Sam last night, I think he nailed the pronunciation of Woryna every single time :o

14 hours ago, Mark said:

Not really Kud's fault as the bike picked up drive without reason.   Horrid crash but Bellego looks ok

I thought the Russian was a bit quick to let go of the bike.

Well done Robert Lambert, European Champion :t:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Maybe hes been watching Chris Harris dvds :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

If he had stayed on his bike any longer it would have ended up as carnage.

2 bikes and 2 riders in one almighty heap.

2 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

If he had stayed on his bike any longer it would have ended up as carnage.

2 bikes and 2 riders in one almighty heap.

I don't know if you noticed but it did end up in carnage. If he'd held on to it a bit longer and tried to lay it down it may have been avoided. He decided to just throw his bike at Bellago instead though

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't know if you noticed but it did end up in carnage. If he'd held on to it a bit longer and tried to lay it down it may have been avoided. He decided to just throw his bike at Bellago instead though

You can not lay a bike down which is on one wheel

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Not sure how much time you think you have between a moment of losing control and the impact with something, it’s usually a split second and it’s not like you have a warning something is going to happen, you’re in full race mode and then bang, we see it tv in slow motion and think he should of done this or that but when you are the rider in real time you don’t get time to weigh up the options of what would be the best way to crash 

I can appreciate all you say, all I'm saying is I think he was a bit quick in throwing the bike away, it wasn't as if he was near the fence, didn't even try to regain control of the bike, just threw it at the nearest rider

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

I can appreciate all you say, all I'm saying is I think he was a bit quick in throwing the bike away, it wasn't as if he was near the fence, didn't even try to regain control of the bike, just threw it at the nearest rider

He doesn’t throw it, the bike has fired itself he has just let go but the bike was going to hit bellego anyway no matter he he was on it or not 

• Like 1

Great to see Robert take a major title- well of course a lot have made fun of the competition in the past. Also good to see that all the hard work has paid off, despite getting a lot of criticism going to Germany at such a young age. I do remember having to defend him somewhat because it wasn't the british way of doing things. And although it isn't for everyone, if you are determined, getting on a 500cc at an early age can pay off. Good on ya

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

I don't. Robert has made huge strides this season, however he isn't the completely finished article just yet.  Yes he's beaten Tai in Polish League racing, but let's see how he goes in next years GP (assuming it's back running normally).  Tai will most definitely be challenging when Robert will do fantastically well just finishing in the top 8.  However, it's brilliant to have 2 British riders to support in the GP's once again and we now have a realistic chance of winning the SON later this year! :cheers:

Never mind next year I can see Lambert getting a wildcard entry this year 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

If he does, then again a top 8 to 10 finish would be seen as a huge success.  Certainly wouldn't be challenging unfortunately.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Only for a single GP, or two if they race in both halves of a double header. The permanent wild cards were selected months ago.

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

Great to see Robert take a major title- well of course a lot have made fun of the competition in the past. Also good to see that all the hard work has paid off, despite getting a lot of criticism going to Germany at such a young age. I do remember having to defend him somewhat because it wasn't the british way of doing things. And although it isn't for everyone, if you are determined, getting on a 500cc at an early age can pay off. Good on ya

There were only a few criticising him for going to Germany,theres always a few that don't seem to want to see English riders achieve their ambition.Many i think would like to see them be able to ride a 500cc a bit younger over here.It can only help them to achieve greater heights in the sport imo.

• Like 1