British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
B.V 72

I dont like British speedway anymore and like a good whinge about it

26 minutes ago, chunky said:

Nobody has been more insulting and personal than you. You are offended by the fact that I "deserted" speedway - even though I didn't. You are offended by the fact I moved to the US to be with the woman I love. You are offended by the fact the SGP provides an internet service for people who can't watch meetings on TV.

If you moved away from British speedway, you clearly deserted it. If you left your wife and moved back to the UK, you would have desterted her. If you watch GPs on the internet without paying a subscription, you are getting it for free.

You admitted - in public - that you don't watch speedway, but you "have it on in the background". When I poke fun at you by reminding people that you "have it on in the background", you are offended, and get insulting.

Other people watch the speedway in the room I'm in - should I kick them out?

Look, there are things in this world that I don't like, or simply am not interested, but I don't dedicate my life to sharing all my pent up negativity, and lambast all those who don't feel the same way. It is downright insulting for you to claim that fans of modern-day speedway are suffering from "insanity".

Just look at the views from about the latest AGM - most are of the opinion the sport is being run by people they have no confidence in. I gave up on it being run by these clowns. People who haven't and yet still call the sport... well, I leave that to you what I think.

This world is a depressing enough place as it is, and we don't need people you spreading your negativity about speedway (and don't kid yourself, you are NOT a fan, although you may have been once), other major sports that you refuse to accept, and whatever else you can't tolerate. In my last few years on this planet, I want to focus on things that bring me pleasure (including speedway) without having to deal with nonsense from you trying to convince me otherwise.

Wrestling is not a sport... darts is not a sport... they are the only two I called.

You may feel that you have the "right" to say whatever you want, but I will remind you that you also have the right to remain silent.

Keep throwing insults, I'll keep replying.

But I don't mind doing it by PM.

6 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Compared to some of the stuff you have stated on this thread they are positively complimentary.

Show me them. Otherwise, shut up. 

9 minutes ago, chunky said:

All the things there have been previously posted on the forum, so why should I try and hide them or pretend they never happened?

As far as the negativity, that is a general piece of advice - not just for you, because there are others on here who can be pretty negative also.

As far as your response to ch958, I am astounded that you consider my post a "rant". It was a simple and non-confrontational post that referred to several previously published comments.

But you (we) were shouted at yesterday by ch958 for going off thread, and you said you don't normally do it and apologised. 

Don't you ever learn?

Edited by moxey63

By emigrating, I did not "desert" British speedway. As I said, I have attended many British speedway meetings since I emigrated.

I never said I wasn't watching the GP's for free; I said I wasn't doing anything illegal or unethical - which you seemed to disagree with.

Reminding you politely that you have the right to remain silent is not an insult.

I have never argued that British speedway doesn't have problems, but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't still enjoy it.

Are you qualified to tell me what is and isn't a sport? Are you qualified to tell me that I am not a sportsman? Anyway, you also questioned American football, and other "strange sports".

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

By emigrating, I did not "desert" British speedway. As I said, I have attended many British speedway meetings since I emigrated.

I never said I wasn't watching the GP's for free; I said I wasn't doing anything illegal or unethical - which you seemed to disagree with.

Reminding you politely that you have the right to remain silent is not an insult.

I have never argued that British speedway doesn't have problems, but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't still enjoy it.

Are you qualified to tell me what is and isn't a sport? Are you qualified to tell me that I am not a sportsman? Anyway, you also questioned American football, and other "strange sports".

You deserted British speedway. Fullest of stops.

You watch speedway for free but scoff at me because I didn, even though I didn't.

I know I can remain silent, but when someone keeps knocking on my door, it is rude not to answer it.

Darts is a game... wrestling is a pretend pantomime.

American Football runs both close.

I know they make loads of money... but in contrast, it answers speedway's state. That is a much better sport.

Edited by moxey63

But you also said that speedway was a "pretend sport"...

You really don't stop, do you?

1 minute ago, chunky said:

But you also said that speedway was a "pretend sport"...

You really don't stop, do you?

It is a pretend sport. I don't mean the racing, I mean the make-up of it, how riders can ride here, there and everywhere. How teams can mysteriously drop points to sign riders, to reach the Play-Offs. It is like wrestling in this way, that it is sort of scripted. When I see an overtake in speedway, I now wonder if it's a cunning ploy to use tac-sub or manipulate averages. The racing is still fine, but a sport is only as good as its foundations and rules.

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

And we’re off!  :)

It's all gone quiet over 'ere... 

On 11/15/2019 at 12:55 PM, singy13 said:

Don't have any grudges personally....some fans who paid for 2019 season tickets will be upset...and so will those Comets riders still, allegedly owed pay.

I've wrote on a Comets link regarding Speedway being a 'novelty sport'....so when Mr Average decides to call it a day that leaves a dwindling number of diehards attempting keep the sport afloat. Which, down the last few years, became patently obvious at Derwent Park....last seasons' magic ending saw massive crowd increases...sadly all too late.

So, it sounds like you too are fully aware of the sport's shortcomings, rather than as the opening poster suggests, we should all be saying 'the Emperor's wearing clothes'! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

So, it sounds like you too are fully aware of the sport's shortcomings, rather than as the opening poster suggests, we should all be saying 'the Emperor's wearing clothes'! 

Every sport has its short comings look at the number one sport football. The money clubs more than not are the teams that win the league.More than half the clubs have no chance even before the season starts so not a fair competition is it.Its one of the the reasons I walked away from the sport(and no I don't go on football forums anymore).You can pull any sport apart if you can be bothered.

I do know speedway has a lot of problems and that's why I started a thread for fans/ex fans to whinge about them instead of them popping up on other threads where people want to read about the title of the thread and not be bombarded with whinges.

Now there's a thread if you want to whinge or read about peoples' whinges they have a thread to go to and get what it says on the tin.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Every sport has its short comings look at the number one sport football. The money clubs more than not are the teams that win the league.More than half the clubs have no chance even before the season starts so not a fair competition is it.Its one of the the reasons I walked away from the sport(and no I don't go on football forums anymore).You can pull any sport apart if you can be bothered.

I do know speedway has a lot of problems and that's why I started a thread for fans/ex fans to whinge about them instead of them popping up on other threads where people want to read about the title of the thread and not be bombarded with whinges.

Now there's a thread if you want to whinge or read about peoples' whinges they have a thread to go to and get what it says on the tin.

So you are out to 'sanitise' threads on the forum? If only the world was perfect.:(  

12 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

So you are out to 'sanitise' threads on the forum? If only the world was perfect.:(  

Nah just after a little respect for others and the world can never be perfect its full of people.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Nah just after a little respect for others and the world can never be perfect its full of people.

Whatever butter's your parsnips!