British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Colin North TengTools

Sadly colin has passed away in a freak accident at birmingham wheels last night. 

Colin was a massive supporter of speedway and a brilliant sponsor to many speedway riders and speedway events. 

Sending my love to all his family and friends 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Sadly colin has passed away in a freak accident at birmingham wheels last night. 

Colin was a massive supporter of speedway and a brilliant sponsor to many speedway riders and speedway events. 

Sending my love to all his family and friends 

Really sad news about Colin. RIP

Very sad news I've known colin for a lot of years and a gentleman will be a big loss.  RIP 

i didn`t know Colin North at all but this year at the British Final I parked up behind a car on the road side.

A man got out of the car and opened the boot,  I could see it was full of TengTools merchandise of which

I spotted some TengTools caps.   He picked up some caps and other stuff and began walking off to the

stadium,   I asked him were the caps for sale he pondered a second and said here you can have one.

So I was shocked to see the photo of him on Twitter I will always remember that moment, it was 

a nice gesture. everytime I put my TengTools cap on  I`ll  think of him.

Edited by Dornier fixer
  • Like 9

RIP I had no idea of the man, but very sad. I just Googled and apparently he was struck by a recovery vehicle, so presume he was in the pits or something. As I recall, that is the track Joe Owen had his accident and ended up in a wheelchair. Also very sad.

Astonishing that in an age where health and safety is generally so strict that something like this can happen. 

• Like 1

Been to several stock car meetings there and always astonished by the amount of people walking round. Always half a dozen members of the public (sponsors) handing out trophies aswell as photographers as the tractors are taking away strictened cars. 

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Astonishing that in an age where health and safety is generally so strict that something like this can happen. 

I used to be a Safety Rep at both my Department and here in York and I found the whole incident and circumstances unacceptable.

8 minutes ago, BangerBoy said:

If speedway did this then there would be nobody left in the stands

I don’t follow. What does this mean, please?

• Like 2