British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

British average reduction

9 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Is it 2.5% for all Brits for team building or just for ones who have been in the NL in the past 3 seasons or is it something else? 

It used to be, then it wasn't and its probly something else now, hope that helps:t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Is it 2.5% for all Brits for team building or just for ones who have been in the NL in the past 3 seasons or is it something else? 

This was the statement for 2019 season and it's the same this year.

NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

This was the statement for 2019 season and it's the same this year.

NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average

Meaning that Chris Harris and Craig Cook -- to say nothing of Nick Morris and Cameron Heeps -- get the reduction, too.

Which isn't a bad thing if most, nearly all, British riders will get a reduction and the Scandanavians won't.

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So anyone who has ever rode in NL gets a 2.5 reduction 

That's the way i read it, Cookie got it last year so looks like it is.

• Like 1

it's very clever yet very simple and should have been done years ago . i remember when i watched newport there was a reduction for british riders but someone somewhere came out with "it's unfare to foreign riders ' in something like the 'bosman ruling ' in football years earlier ,and frightened because of possible legal action  the law makers dropped it . it's only taken 12 or more years but now we've got , you can't ride in the national league unless you're british and you only get a reduction if you started your racing in the national league , swwweeet.

• Like 1

On 18 November 2019 at 3:02 AM, crescent girl said:

Meaning that Chris Harris and Craig Cook -- to say nothing of Nick Morris and Cameron Heeps -- get the reduction, too.

Which isn't a bad thing if most, nearly all, British riders will get a reduction and the Scandanavians won't.

Did Nick Morris's ride NL? Remember Heeps at Mildenhall but not Morris.

1 minute ago, iand said:

Morris rode for Buxton then joined Glasgow on his 16th birthday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iand said:

Yes he was part of Buxton's title winning team (along with Charles Wright, Jason Garrity and Craig Cook)

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 3:02 AM, crescent girl said:

Nick Morris didn’t get a reduction in the PL this year.

He finished on 6.60 for Swindon in 2018 and signed for Wolves on 6.60.

This whole discussion has got very confused. My understanding is that all British riders and any others who rode in the NL are eligible for the 2.5% reduction. The reduction is, however, only applied at the beginning of a new season for the purposes of team building calculations. This reduction applying to all three leagues. From then on, the full average figure would apply for subsequent re-declarations, guest appearance, R/R calculations and so on. So in the case of Nick Morris, he may well have signed for Wolves on 6.60 average but the figure put into the team building calculation would have been 6.60 - 2.5%.

Please tell me I'm right. :blink:

On 11/18/2019 at 9:15 AM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So anyone who has ever rode in NL gets a 2.5 reduction 

No. Bradley Wilson Dean for example. The criteria was carefully worded to exclude such riders - a British Passport was required I seem to recall although I can't find the exact ruling at the moment.

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

This whole discussion has got very confused. My understanding is that all British riders and any others who rode in the NL are eligible for the 2.5% reduction. The reduction is, however, only applied at the beginning of a new season for the purposes of team building calculations. This reduction applying to all three leagues. From then on, the full average figure would apply for subsequent re-declarations, guest appearance, R/R calculations and so on. So in the case of Nick Morris, he may well have signed for Wolves on 6.60 average but the figure put into the team building calculation would have been 6.60 - 2.5%.

Please tell me I'm right. :blink:

Not according to the opening GSA.

Whereas Wajtknecht’s, for example, clearly showed his 2.5% discount.