British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trees

Nicki P

Apart from anyone signing Bartosz Smarzlik, or possibly Emil ,which I cant see happening , I personally dont think there is another rider out there that would stir up as much interest as Nicki P. Fantastic signing for the Tigers , a real statement of intent and full credit to them for getting him to put pen to paper  He is most definitely a rider you want riding for you , not against you and will no doubt kick up a storm on more than one occasion next season  Something that has been sadly lacking in british speedway. Welcome back Nicki . At last , a villain to boo ! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, castrolargh said:

Apart from anyone signing Bartosz Smarzlik, or possibly Emil ,which I cant see happening , I personally dont think there is another rider out there that would stir up as much interest as Nicki P. Fantastic signing for the Tigers , a real statement of intent and full credit to them for getting him to put pen to paper  He is most definitely a rider you want riding for you , not against you and will no doubt kick up a storm on more than one occasion next season  Something that has been sadly lacking in british speedway. Welcome back Nicki . At last , a villain to boo ! 

Don't agree. Woffinden coming back to the UK would be bigger news than Pedersen

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Agree,but he isn’t so ..it isn’t ! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, False dawn said:

Anyone know what average he comes in on?

I asked Perer Mole  last night he said 8.61 his old average. They asked for a reduction but it was refused 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I asked Perer Mole  last night he said 8.61 his old average. They asked for a reduction but it was refused 

Rightly so, I’m glad to hear it. 

Check his Polish average, if anything he needs an increase.

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Must make a note of this post if/when Tai returns to Wolves ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not when compared to Doyle.

Doyle is 8.96 here and 9.12 in Poland.

Nicki is 8.13 in Poland and by Doyle’s ratio should be 7.99 here, not 8.61.

• Like 2

Nicki not been quite the same rider since his facial work :P

Nicki  on the decline, if he were not he would not consider returning to this country

1 hour ago, squall said:

He did a few years ago at the end of the season, when knew the Polish fixtures were coming to an end.

2 hours ago, squall said:

If you read my posts widely I’ve been a big supporter of riders not using old outdated averages. Fairness for ALL riders and ALL teams. 

They continue to use it to suit so unless that changes I see no issue why Tai needs to be re-assessed if he wanted to come back, however you can be sure that the majority would vote against Wolves getting an advantage if he wanted to come back. 

Imagine the uproar If he was announced as our next signing. The forum would go into meltdown!:D

Nicki is box office end of, arguably the most professional for many a year, not the most naturally gifted, but worked very hard to have achieved 3 World titles. Upmost respect for the guy   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Nicki  on the decline, if he were not he would not consider returning to this country

That's a fair comment, but would imagine without the GP his focus has changed somewhat, and why wouldn't you want to earn a 'good' few extra quid where you can before hanging up the helmet for good?

Still box office though..

Especially for the rest of the League...

Each team is pretty much guaranteed their biggest crowd of the season the first time Sheffield visit...

The Aces must be truly rubbing their hands, the 'War of the Roses' back, Sheffield fans first visit to see their team ride there, AND Nicki P to boot... ?

Kerching...!!

Hopefully the novelty factor will delIver a long term feel good factor too for the Tigers too so crowds remain somewhere around the levels of the early meetings..

Edited by mikebv