British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TeamBouchard

Reading v Nottingham Outlaws Juniors 3/9/1979?

This Anglia League Junior fixture was originally scheduled for 27th August. I have the Reading v Wolves programme from that date and the Outlaws fixture was not programmed. I've now got hold of the Reading v Eastbourne prog from the following week, 3/9/79 with the Outlaws Juniors fixture/race card included. They were on second after Reading v Rye House Juniors. To compound the mystery, the programme I have is marked 'did not arrive' alongside the Nottingham name and no results are added.

Does any Reading fan have a fully completed programme from 3/9/79 and can confirm if the Outlaws fixture was run that evening. I have a score of Reading 13 Outlaws 3 from the Yearbook. If it wasn't run on that date, could anyone suggest when the Outlaws Juniors fixture was run at Reading?

I am trying to complete my prog collection to include meetings where Long Eaton/Nottingham Juniors rode in the 2nd half and the 1979 season is proving to be a nightmare with lack of info on the internet and in the Speedway Stars.

Cheers.

I have 3/9 prog - also filled in with 'Nott'm did not arrive'.

Meeting was rescheduled as part of 15 Oct meeting (v Halifax) - - but this one was fogged off after the main match.

The next attempt was on 21 Oct following Racers v Swindon.  My prog doesn't have 2nd half filled in, but given the 13-3 score it probably went ahead that day.

Line-ups per prog:

Rivets:Monk, Allaway, Campbell

Outlaws: Colin Archer, Rick Jones, Mike Fitzpatrick