British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

IOW 2020

Philipsnr ,your entitled to your opinion ,but down here and around Kent there is no question who is the considerably better rider...

..?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phillipsr said:

No difference between the two really.... Ben has had lots of chances at CL and never progressed. Its not a loss 

Agree entirely. Been around for ten plus years and still cant average 4 in the CL. Another Barrie Evans / Lee Herne / Martin Williams type rider. 

13 hours ago, HGould said:

somebody mentioned Tom Brennan on Twitter not having an NDL place, would be handy for him to ride for IOW and average may fit?

Isn't he on a 6+ average in the CL? Rules him out of NL?

15 hours ago, waco said:

Philipsnr ,your entitled to your opinion ,but down here and around Kent there is no question who is the considerably better rider...

..?

I actually think Ledwith is capable of scoring more points away than Ben.

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I actually think Ledwith is capable of scoring more points away than Ben.

2019 away aves, Ledwith 5.26/5.68 whereas Morley 8.98/9.46, so can't agree with you on that!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

2019 away aves, Ledwith 5.26/5.68 whereas Morley 8.98/9.46, so can't agree with you on that!

Exactly. To add to that Ben has ridden Championship away tracks fairly regularly for the last couple of years whereas Ledwith hasn’t at all for 20 years. 

• Like 1

Most of the time Ben has been at number 2 in the championship not at reserve and was getting good points at most track.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, squall said:

Isn't he on a 6+ average in the CL? Rules him out of NL?

If common sense prevailed tom would be allowed to ride nl, i think it was his first match with the new cma moving from reserve when he had his awful crash. Its bad enough him having to ride in championship on 6+ with zero chance of his average settling down over a prolonged period

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You are talking about a different league though aren't you?  Morley ( who i like has not got a champs spot like Hume who is a  better rider than Ben the sport is all about figures averages fitting.

Edited by Sidney the robin

How the hell Hume has not got a premier league ride next season is beyond me a class bloke on the bike and a class act off it also.ridiculous in my opinion.

• Like 4

The thing is Morley is a class act round Kent even Len has said so to me ,,,and easily beats Ledwith every time ,,facts

41 minutes ago, waco said:

The thing is Morley is a class act round Kent even Len has said so to me ,,,and easily beats Ledwith every time ,,facts

Hes also a very average second reserve in the CL. Fact. 

I don’t think Morley will ever get any better but would have been a better option than Ledwith at Kent, who I assume has been signed at a sponsors request. 

I think you may be right Bagpus i can not think of any other reason for signing Ledwith....  And for Pinnys information,, Morley had a plus 5 average when at Lakeside and last season had to ride at no 2 at Eastbourne ,not reserve , and not one of his best tracks....

Edited by waco