British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

IOW 2020

38 minutes ago, markm said:

This is the IOW section not kent so can we please keep it IOW based.

Is Blackgang Chine still there, or has it all slipped into the sea now? ( one for the locals :)

2 hours ago, waco said:

I think you may be right Bagpus i can not think of any other reason for signing Ledwith....  And for Pinnys information,, Morley had a plus 5 average when at Lakeside and last season had to ride at no 2 at Eastbourne ,not reserve , and not one of his best tracks....

He averaged nearly 3 points more at Lakeside, well known as a notorious track for home advantage, than away.

Your constant bigging up of him and having digs at other riders because they were signed instead of your grandson is childish. He has had numerous chances , and isnt good enough. Hence no championship place. 

As stated, hes a Herne/Evans type rider. 

15 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

How the hell Hume has not got a premier league ride next season is beyond me a class bloke on the bike and a class act off it also.ridiculous in my opinion.

So right Mike  if i was Danyon I would be nearly packing it in .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waco said:

The thing is Morley is a class act round Kent even Len has said so to me ,,,and easily beats Ledwith every time ,,facts

No HUME he  is better than both so why does he not  get a place at Champs level.? 

Edited by Sidney the robin

Yes Hume should have a place on ability.maybe a deal has not gone well some where,,we do not know what goes on behind the scenes

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

No HUME he  is better than both so why does he not  get a place at Champs level.? 

Because Champ teams are quicker to bring in a new foreigner than use a promising British rider!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waco said:

Yes Hume should have a place on ability.maybe a deal has not gone well some where,,we do not know what goes on behind the scenes

The average is the problem the rolling average how many meeting's did he have for Birmingham last year 6 then he   got screwed over.???? Why would that average be continued from his Ipswich days of 2017 when he badly broke his arm in a Under 21s meeting at Poole.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Now Campos is confirmed for 2020. Two places to fill and 10.46 left. Connor King deserves another season so that would leave about 6.5 for 1 more. Expect that will be Danno Verge so it would be bye bye to Chris Widman.

28 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Not sure on the campos one.

Very good around Smallbrook and on a lowish average due to his poor stint at Plymouth. He’s a nice team man and will help out the younger guys whilst being a useful third heat leader. 

• Like 3

I'm sure Connor King will be there,he is very popular with the fans and Danno too has been making progress each season ,,hopefully a bit more to come this season.....

It’s been confirmed that Danno isn’t in the team this year. With the points that they have left, they could have Connor King and it leaves approx 6.50ish left, I would say Jack Smith is probably the best value rider around that average. Others potentially in the frame around that mark would be Danny Halsey or Danny Phillips.

So I don’t think Scott Campos will be in a heat leader position and therefore is good value on his low average, as although he struggles on some away tracks, he really does fly around the Smallbrook track

No Danno, that's interesting. Wonder what the Warriors will do?

It does show how the NDL evolves.