British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

IOW 2020

48 minutes ago, waco said:

I take it from the completed team that Cris Widman may have retired...But as yet no confirmation of that..What ever the future holds for him I wish him all the best.....

There is posting from him on Facebook. No he hasn't retired from speedway but last season took it's toll on him trying to run his butchers shop and being a speedway rider as well, particularly riding for the Warriors with a full on programme meaning quite a bit of time away from the shop. Life running a shop on the high street has proved to be a bit more challenging than was anticipated due to various problems, but he has definitely not retired. I am sure he will appreciate your comments. 

• Like 2

I like the warriors I really do great promoter  maybe the best around but I don’t think it’s a good team in my opinion I may well be proved wrong which wouldn’t be the first time but I think there is better teams out there.

14 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I like the warriors I really do great promoter  maybe the best around but I don’t think it’s a good team in my opinion I may well be proved wrong which wouldn’t be the first time but I think there is better teams out there.

Obviously there are 3 sides to complete and i suspect Leicester will be a touch stronger but its still a good IOW side (that said i thought the Warriors would be bottom last year and still owe Barry, new years resolution, pay up) so what do i know. A lot can and often does happen over a season even if it does look like a short one this year.

14 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

It’s not a bad team. I have to say the number 1 is out and out solid - Waco will agree as he loves his grandson obviously lol. Tail might seem a bit long but at home Wirtzfeld could easily be a good second string. A lot will play on how Leek returns. Woolley a shock signing but more than capable of winning races at home as will campos and Coles. I think they will are the season unbeaten at home. And pick up the odd point away from home. Nick a play offs place then the home track advantage might just get them to a final. I personally think this team is stronger than plymouths. 

• Like 2

It’s all about opinions and I respect yours but I think Plymouth will finish above the islanders well I hope they do I think they are both due a good season and hopefully they both will.

40 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

It’s all about opinions and I respect yours but I think Plymouth will finish above the islanders well I hope they do I think they are both due a good season and hopefully they both will.

The plus side Mike is that neither side will be more than 2 places lower than the other in the Nat Trophy Table.....

• Haha 1

I think Plymouth look initially stronger on paper but IOW do have several possible improvers in thier side...So we will have to wait and see how everything pans out over the season..wishing all the riders a good safe year of racing....

4 hours ago, waco said:

I think Plymouth look initially stronger on paper but IOW do have several possible improvers in thier side...So we will have to wait and see how everything pans out over the season..wishing all the riders a good safe year of racing....

Plymouth's top end look stronger, but IOW's bottom end looks stronger!

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Plymouth's top end look stronger, but IOW's bottom end looks stronger!

I think there are improvers in both: 

Bowtell v Morley I’d say Bowtell is the faster rider and they’re both as good out the gate but Morley is the safer rider and you don’t often see on the floor. 

bursill (I cant see it being anyone else) v wirtzfeld bursill the better gater but wirtzfeld the faster rider especially around the island as well as being safer of the 2. Bursill is a bit dodgy at times. 

Atkins V Woolley again not much in it but Atkins has obviously more potential. Woolley has more experience is definitely the better gater of the two and quick round most tracks. 

andrews v campos both can be untouchable around their home circuits and both can be woeful away. I don’t think either will get much better but I’d say on his day Andrews is the better rider saying that on bad days he is suspect to a crash or two

stoneman v coles this one is in favour of stoneman he’s a real trier has the odd crash but definitely gutsy. Cole’s is very good around the iow though and a solid heat leader everywhere.

davies v king Davies has had many opportunities and not really pushed on I don’t think this move will be any different. As opposed to kings first crack at the national league and scoring solid points round the iow - hopefully he will smile soon though he looks very sad in his photo on speedway gb haha

leek v butcher Leeks been around forever last year I thought he was finally making strides. Butcher is great in the development leagues and the grasstrack and not fantastic on the speedway. Hopefully he can change this. I think butcher is the stronger of the 2. 

• Like 1

At this level its all about improvers,,and by how much ,,,and which team has the most big improvers and this can be difficult.to predict at the start of a season

Having a quick look through the channels yesterday during a break in the cricket, would I be correct in thinking I spotted the Warriors logo as one of the sponsors at the BDO Darts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Having a quick look through the channels yesterday during a break in the cricket, would I be correct in thinking I spotted the Warriors logo as one of the sponsors at the BDO Darts?

Possibly the biggest and boldest and certainly most prominent speedway advert in recent history. Be interesting to know how many people new to speedway have googled warrior speedway.

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Possibly the biggest and boldest and certainly most prominent speedway advert in recent history. Be interesting to know how many people new to speedway have googled warrior speedway.

It was a One-hundred and eighty moment from the Warriors.