British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

IOW 2020

Word I have [from two different sources] is that the attendance was slightly up on usual league meetings :cheers: 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Great to hear that the first meeting went well. Now I just hope that Wightlink/SWR play ball and reinstate the late evening boat and train services to enable me to enjoy the racing and get home afterwards. Good luck to all involved with the Warriors. 

• Like 3

Hope to see IOW back in the NDL one day soon, I notice in this week's Star that Jason Pipe is now realising that the points limit was too low. U cud say that hindsight is a wonderful thing but Martin & Barry av foresight which is even more wonderful. 

That's why they look after everyone so well. 

Keep up the great work all on the Isle :t:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Hope to see IOW back in the NDL one day soon, I notice in this week's Star that Jason Pipe is now realising that the points limit was too low. U cud say that hindsight is a wonderful thing but Martin & Barry av foresight which is even more wonderful. 

jason never said anything to the speedway star they quoted something from a post that he said on another riders racing page and also now has stepped down from his job as NL coordinator 

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Doing very nicely at the moment it seems.

A friend of mine - who has been going since it opened on the Island - said last night's attendance was the biggest he has seen for 'a very long time'.

Anyone else fancy dumping the BSPL....................

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Doing very nicely at the moment it seems.

A friend of mine - who has been going since it opened on the Island - said last night's attendance was the biggest he has seen for 'a very long time'.

Anyone else fancy dumping the BSPL....................

It was a big crowd. It suprised me.

• Like 1

Excellent meeting all round.

How many people are aware of the absolute nightmare they had getting riders there? On Wednesday, Wightlinks new and largest ferry Victoria was put out of action due to a mishap. Almost every rider booking had to be changed, some being switched to Lymington Right up to about 4pm, there were still problems. Fortunately, everyone made it in time. Even on the last ferry back, we were all sat round chatting. Barry? Going around everyone thanking us for coming etc. 

28 races on just over 3hrs, including a track repair hold up and 3 x ambulance visits

Something for everyone. A complete contrast to your 'normal BSPL' meeting of 15 Hts...... now go home.

KIds were involved from start to finish. Barry even apologised that due to holdups, he couldnt hold the kids running race. 

They are working their socks off to produce something you dont normally see. Breaking the 'established mold'.

They are succeeding and Im sure the BSPL are watching everything very closely.

Long may it continue.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BobC said:

Excellent meeting all round.

How many people are aware of the absolute nightmare they had getting riders there? On Wednesday, Wightlinks new and largest ferry Victoria was put out of action due to a mishap. Almost every rider booking had to be changed, some being switched to Lymington Right up to about 4pm, there were still problems. Fortunately, everyone made it in time. Even on the last ferry back, we were all sat round chatting. Barry? Going around everyone thanking us for coming etc. 

28 races on just over 3hrs, including a track repair hold up and 3 x ambulance visits

Something for everyone. A complete contrast to your 'normal BSPL' meeting of 15 Hts...... now go home.

KIds were involved from start to finish. Barry even apologised that due to holdups, he couldnt hold the kids running race. 

They are working their socks off to produce something you dont normally see. Breaking the 'established mold'.

They are succeeding and Im sure the BSPL are watching everything very closely.

Long may it continue.

We were booked on the 4pm from Lymington and came back on the 11pm from Fishbourne. It felt like a chartered speedway ferry!

• Like 4

On 7/30/2021 at 9:49 PM, cityrebel said:

We were booked on the 4pm from Lymington and came back on the 11pm from Fishbourne. It felt like a chartered speedway ferry!

The 11pm ferry from Fishbourne is very much like a "speedway special". Lots of banter for 40 minutes and then disappear home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As the Warriors are no longer a NL team, shouldn’t this topic be closed and re-established in the amateur section or similar?

10 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

As the Warriors are no longer a NL team, shouldn’t this topic be closed and re-established in the amateur section or similar?

no it should be left here to shame the powers that be

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

no it should be left here to shame the powers that be

And keep getting added too....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1