British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

IOW 2020

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

So the BSPL have stood Connor Coles down for riding on the IOW, they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and i shall be contacting Godfrey to let him know my thoughts on the matter, i dont expect a reply but hopefully he will read it, Promoting most of the BSPL dont know the meaning of the word, I hope Godfrey realises this works two ways he has just stood me down from ever visiting Scunthorpe Speedway whilst he maintains the attitude of the BSPL towards the IOW and riders that appear there. Meanwhile well done to everyone on the Island for providing fans and a few none fans with some holiday entertainment.

Is it the Bspl who have done this or is it an assumption. If it it's the former it's a poor state of affairs

The Connor Coles situation must be very close to being restraint of trade in legal terms. I hope the whole sorry mess can be sorted before a rider takes the BSPL to court as I think it could land up with the BSPL being made to look even worse than they already do. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 1:33 PM, barrybishop said:

depends on so many things, times you travel, dates you travel and size of vehicle.... we have a discount code for 20% via our website for Wightlink

Good luck for whatever things you have planned Barry in the future hopefully you will get a side up and running for the NL Next year will certainly be having a trip there with the  wife.Was going to go a couple of years ago v Leicester but could not get a late train home after 9.30.Contacted  you and your team and they advised me about the Portsmouth/ Southampton ferry and were terrific most tracks you don’t even get a response.

17 hours ago, Chris116 said:

The Connor Coles situation must be very close to being restraint of trade in legal terms. I hope the whole sorry mess can be sorted before a rider takes the BSPL to court as I think it could land up with the BSPL being made to look even worse than they already do. 

That one would be most difficult to prove. Even if it was as a result of Coles riding on the Island (and I am sure it was ), they can simply say that for a one off meeting they chose to select someone else and deny any suggestion relating to his competing in one of the Warriors events. 

Even the BSPL aren't stupid enough to publicly or privately ban riders from league speedway if they ride outside their control because they will be fully aware of restraint of trade case law and the almost certain consequences of such an action. 

Pretty proud of this feedback.... have lots more to share too if you would like it... I guess most of us use FB which is where we post it all  :)

I would just like to say a big thank you to Rob Snow for organising the vintage Jap racing last night and to Barry Bishop and Martin Widman for welcoming us to Smallbrook.
I have been to many tracks in my fifty year association with the sport as both a supporter and rider and I can honestly say that last night was the most welcoming experience I have had at any UK track.
What a pleasure to find a clean tidy stadium, riders toilets that are safe to go in and good refreshments at a reasonable price.
Barry has certainly looked up the definition of a “promoter” in the dictionary and I cannot fault him for his effort and enthusiasm.
Last night was certainly a list of firsts for me. First time on the island. First time at Smallbrook and most importantly the first time I have ever been pushed off for a race by a promoter!
So once again thank you for last night, keep up the good work that you are doing and I wish you every success.

• Like 3

Just a thought whilst watching the Cricket, how about doing a fancy dress (Themed or otherwise) at your final meeting, Im sure the Kids and even some grown ups would be up for that sort of thing, yes i know some might be regarded as being in fancy dress at times ;). The winner to be decided on the centre Green and chosen by the riders.

• Like 2

With a week to go until the final meeting of the season we though we should make the most of the spare time and ask for your feedback of the season so far. You all know our situation and how we came to be in this position we are this season.

So whether you are a fan, sponsor, volunteer, rider, fan from a distance, or even management, how did we do?
We would like to know how you feel we have done, how was your relationship with your club, what in your view could we improve upon and what did you like the most?
Now it’s time for you to take the mic and give us your feedback.

I have one request though – if your point is something particularly controversial please send Kevin, Rob, Martin or myself a DM and we can pick it up from there rather than blast it across social media. Then once we know the reason, we can discuss it, publicly state it, along with what we are doing to remedy it or not, as the case may be.
Thanks for your feedback

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barrybishop said:

With a week to go until the final meeting of the season we though we should make the most of the spare time and ask for your feedback of the season so far. You all know our situation and how we came to be in this position we are this season.

So whether you are a fan, sponsor, volunteer, rider, fan from a distance, or even management, how did we do?
We would like to know how you feel we have done, how was your relationship with your club, what in your view could we improve upon and what did you like the most?
Now it’s time for you to take the mic and give us your feedback.

I have one request though – if your point is something particularly controversial please send Kevin, Rob, Martin or myself a DM and we can pick it up from there rather than blast it across social media. Then once we know the reason, we can discuss it, publicly state it, along with what we are doing to remedy it or not, as the case may be.
Thanks for your feedback

Maybe some NDL strength 15 heat team matches next season Barry, Something for the traditionalists!

17 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Maybe some NDL strength 15 heat team matches next season Barry, Something for the traditionalists!

that was of course the plan for this season, but the BSPL scared the living hell out of riders preventing them coming to the Island with threats of bans, or jobs in the future and yet knowing there was not a thing they can do about it. It's sad, but true. Hopefully the BSPL will recognise that the Isle of Wight is not a promotion that does not take safety, insurance and so on very seriously and that they view us for what we are, allowing rider of all ability to ride here should they choose to and not presurise them with punitive threats of a made up punishment, or dare I say it, they BSPL clubs with threats of fines or other punishment. 

Having said that of course, I think the 3TTs and Individuals work brilliantly and will of course be part of next years offering.

14 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

that was of course the plan for this season, but the BSPL scared the living hell out of riders preventing them coming to the Island with threats of bans, or jobs in the future and yet knowing there was not a thing they can do about it. It's sad, but true. Hopefully the BSPL will recognise that the Isle of Wight is not a promotion that does not take safety, insurance and so on very seriously and that they view us for what we are, allowing rider of all ability to ride here should they choose to and not presurise them with punitive threats of a made up punishment, or dare I say it, they BSPL clubs with threats of fines or other punishment. 

Having said that of course, I think the 3TTs and Individuals work brilliantly and will of course be part of next years offering.

Variety is the spice of life mate!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I went to one of the 3TT meetings and the Nora 500CC British championship. For me, they meet the requirements of 'something for the traditionalists'. My expectations were exceeded by the racing on show. The riders certainly took it seriously and I enjoyed it immensely.  

When that is combined with all the other races put on in various speedway classes (Pee Wee, 125cc, Women's races, uprights etc) - all wrapped up in a fantastic customer experience and an entertaing show - I thought they were fantastic nights out.

I know you are supportive of the IOW City Rebel, but not sure if you were able to get over this year with the travel challenges!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

I went to one of the 3TT meetings and the Nora 500CC British championship. For me, they meet the requirements of 'something for the traditionalists'. My expectations were exceeded by the racing on show. The riders certainly took it seriously and I enjoyed it immensely.  

When that is combined with all the other races put on in various speedway classes (Pee Wee, 125cc, Women's races, uprights etc) - all wrapped up in a fantastic customer experience and an entertaing show - I thought they were fantastic nights out.

I know you are supportive of the IOW City Rebel, but not sure if you were able to get over this year with the travel challenges!

I made it for the first 3TT. I went with my mate, who's son was riding in the kids races. It was an experience going to the Speedway on the car ferry, after attending approximately 150 meetings using the Fastcat. Surely i must be due a knighthood!

• Like 3

On 9/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, cityrebel said:

BSPL did everything they could to stop that happening!

• Like 2