British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Knockout Cup Draw

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Must think we are all  complete mugs !!!!!! 

Agree,it’s not that long ago that Clubs had to ride 40+ meetings per season.Poole and Edinburgh don’t even share same race nights,they would have been better saying nothing as coming up with that excuse.Poole will have an alternate race day if they had to use it.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Cast your minds back to 2018 & the uproar it caused when Scunthorpe struggled with rider availability for injured riders & requested teams move to their original race nights!

Now this happens, about Poole, before the season has started & when a few fixtures could have been better arranged to suit the original draw made on the 27th November. When did the fixture planning start?

A VERY POOR EXCUSE & posters wonder why Poole were hated in the EL/Premiership!

• Like 2

What shot of crick! Just waiting now for the so called speedway "management" to dock Redcar Bears 3 league points because of this  fiasco! :rolleyes:

Maybe they should have cut the crap and seed Poole straight to the final ..

...or why not just give them the trophy.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Maybe they should have cut the crap and seed Poole straight to the final ..

...or why not just give them the trophy.

Or better still as many supporters as possible turn up at Eastbourne for the 1st match and Poole for the 2nd match and watch Eastbourne knock them out ( hopefully)

• Haha 1

Sadly under this particular chairman I think tampering with a KOC draw might just be the tip of an iceberg.

26 minutes ago, screm said:

Sadly under this particular chairman I think tampering with a KOC draw might just be the tip of an iceberg.

Isn't that the way Edward John Smith thought?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Isn't that the way Edward John Smith thought?

I hope they have enough lifeboats, then!

3 hours ago, screm said:

Strange how Mr Godfrey copped all the flak when he was Vice Chairman, now he is Chairman he still cops it. Why don't you have a go at the current Vice Chairman, or the other management members?  Like it or lump it, Rob Godfrey is first and foremost a speedway fan and does not feather his nest and make loads of money from running a speedway club. It is Stockcars  , non league and  training events that fund his Speedway team. It would be very interesting to know, how many Promotors actually put themselves forward to be constantly shot at? By the way, I have nothing to do with the club, or management, just a supporter of many decades through thick and thin, who has watched his team thrashed many ,many times.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Strange how Mr Godfrey copped all the flak when he was Vice Chairman, now he is Chairman he still cops it. Why don't you have a go at the current Vice Chairman, or the other management members?  Like it or lump it, Rob Godfrey is first and foremost a speedway fan and does not feather his nest and make loads of money from running a speedway club. It is Stockcars  , non league and  training events that fund his Speedway team. It would be very interesting to know, how many Promotors actually put themselves forward to be constantly shot at? By the way, I have nothing to do with the club, or management, just a supporter of many decades through thick and thin, who has watched his team thrashed many ,many times.

Why didn't Poole race Edinburgh on 29th April when Berwick are there for a one off meeting.  Having checked the fixtures Edinburgh are not racing that night.  Birmingham and Redcar are racing that night in the KOC so not to late.:cheers:

Edited by sparks123
Date wrong

Are there any other sports where cup draws are tinkered with after they’ve been made?

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Are there any other sports where cup draws are tinkered with after they’ve been made?

The BDO darts did it last year with their 'World' Masters..

An organisation which is light years behind an ultra professional rival organisation that runs within the same sport...

And is constantly ridiculed on social media for its amatuerish marketing, lack of clear leadership, dreadful crowd levels, unfit for purpose operating model, poor integrity, and has zero credibility in the wider sporting world media..

Any punchline can be added if required..;)

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Was there not 'tinkering' on 'Its a knock-out',,, or was that just Stuart Hall???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Could be argued footballs European UEFA cups draws are rigged to a degree, although they have the sense to do it before the draw takes place.

15 hours ago, screm said:

Sadly I think you are right

• Sad 1