British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MartinBSN

Club Merchandise

3 minutes ago, CountyGround said:

Tasteful merchandise that can be worn anywhere. Do you remember those awful Wulfsport jackets? not a good look other than in the stadium.

It's the hottest day of the year in Cardiff and the SGP Bandwagon has rolled into town, closely followed by a small army in various Wulfsport jackets. My mates and me often wonder how the wearers survive in the heat

Edited by Triple.H.
predictive text did me yet again

39 minutes ago, CountyGround said:

Tasteful merchandise that can be worn anywhere. Do you remember those awful Wulfsport jackets? not a good look other than in the stadium.

nor in the stadium

Edited by topsoil
  • Like 1

i don't know how much wooly hats cost wholesale but instead of looking at them as rvenue they should look at them as. advertising and give them away. And yes, as long as they're not garish

5 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Didn't Andy Smith once distribute them?

31 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Didn't Andy Smith once distribute them?

so did phil morris . 

• Like 1

Touching on Wulfsport jackets, I have 4 Hull Vikings coats but do only wear them at speedway.  New they cost / used to cost £70ish but I browsed F1 merch once and identical coats, all-over print design & obv F1 team logos as opposed to speedway related, they cost circa £130 (!)....

Personally, I love subtle merchandise with club logos. Especially things that you regularly use such as diaries, phone cases, credit card holders, pens.

On clothing,  polo shirts with small embroidered logo leaving the more garish stuff on posters, mugs, framed photos, tee shirts and mouse mats.

Team jackets should be standardised for riders and fans to give unity.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MMX Events said:

Personally, I love subtle merchandise with club logos. Especially things that you regularly use such as diaries, phone cases, credit card holders, pens.

On clothing,  polo shirts with small embroidered logo leaving the more garish stuff on posters, mugs, framed photos, tee shirts and mouse mats.

Team jackets should be standardised for riders and fans to give unity.

Always thought all clubs should collectively purchase items showing the British Speedway Brand Logo and then 'personalise' them with their own respective individual logos..

T shirts, Polo shirts,  Hoodies etc. All with one 'generic look' with each clubs own badge on them. .

Similar as to how the US Sports sell their merchandise...

Would mean better buying power if they did it as a collective rather than all going alone and it should mean better margins and keener prices..

Especially if they agree exclusivity with one manufacturer...

As the BSPA are now a 'company' rather than an 'association' it would make sense getting some 'British Speedway' brand recognition out there, sharing the costs and sharing the profits..

• Like 2

A good starting point would be a decent club logo, the striking uncomplicated logos work best, the iconic logos such as Poole, Belle Vue & Newcastle stand the test of time. When clubs change their club logo & even colours year on year this I think has a general negative effect. Even long lost tracks like New Cross, Norwich & Wimbledon with their striking uncomplicated logos are still easily recollected.

• Like 4

I love visiting the track shops. I always treat myself to a lucky bag that way I know that I’m going to get some quality merchandise...a programme from a few years previous, a massive plastic key ring with a head shot of a rider stuck on and, if I’m lucky, a pen. And all that for less than the price of a cup of coffee!