British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Any hotel recommendations

Couple hundred metres away diamondlodge.co.uk. Tonight a room is £65 inc breakfast..... don’t know what it will be an event nearby night. Get in quick, they may not have been given the nod.
Not a massive hotel. It’s on Hyde Road so easy for buses into Manchester.

i've booked Premier Inn Denton, stayed there before and it's a 10 minute drive away, £48 on the friday

I do hope the temporary stand on turns 3&4 returns (SWC 2017?) I'd buy a ticket for that for one day & grandstand on the other.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bruno said:

Any hotel recommendations

Diamond Lodge op Stadium

8 hours ago, Col said:

I do hope the temporary stand on turns 3&4 returns (SWC 2017?) I'd buy a ticket for that for one day & grandstand on the other.

Not heard anything definite, but I would really think that stand will back.

i would have thought there will be significant discount to buy 2 day ticket so if you bought 2 seperate tickets would probably cost more.

6 hours ago, sommelier said:

Diamond Lodge op Stadium

Do keep  up, that hotel was mentioned 6 posts before yours and again 5 posts then 3 posts before yours.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Not heard anything definite, but I would really think that stand will back.

i would have thought there will be significant discount to buy 2 day ticket so if you bought 2 seperate tickets would probably cost more.

As we know, it’s a different format compared to 2016 world team championship. Friday night was the last chance qualifier then. In 2016 Friday night was dirt cheap as part of a two meeting purchase. This year could different cause now it’s a two night final. I did the 2 nights back in 2016 and it was same seat in the temp stand, can’t recollect an option to sit in different place each night.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Do keep  up, that hotel was mentioned 6 posts before yours and again 5 posts then 3 posts before yours.

So sorry for the intrusion!!!

9 minutes ago, sommelier said:

So sorry for the intrusion!!!

I did put an emoji at the end...... a big laugh, but they don’t like emojis on this forum. It wasn’t having a go, it was having a laugh. I’d put a smile now but I can’t.

• Like 1

Was looking at doing the Daugavpils Semi-Final but a load of vaccinations have come up for travelling to Latvia.

Thinking of Riga then onto Daugavpils by train. Anyone done Latvia & has any observations/comments to make re-vacs + travel.

57 minutes ago, steve69 said:

Was looking at doing the Daugavpils Semi-Final but a load of vaccinations have come up for travelling to Latvia.

Thinking of Riga then onto Daugavpils by train. Anyone done Latvia & has any observations/comments to make re-vacs + travel.

Been to Latvia twice.  First time I travelled from Riga to Daugavpils for the GP and the second time stayed in Riga on the weekend of the postponed/moved GP.  Great place, very rural outside of Riga but had a good place to stay in the second city - I travelled to Dauga on the bus.  Didn't have any additional vaccinations, didn't get ill and food and drink were fine - Riga is a lovely city.