British Speedway Forum

Big mistake to only sell 2 day tickets   it will probably sell out which contradicts that but very expensive for families to turn up twice unless they are local and no hotel costs.

Edited by Mark

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Might be tricky, but why not link up with someone and swap tickets between meetings? Might be possible to do that on here.

Good idea.  2 grandstand tickets, row L section C available to swap for one of the days with another grandstand ticket.  My preference would be as high as possible on the exit of turn 4, obviously two tickets together required.

£35 ticket for 2 meetings and approx 40 races is a bargain 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Also been twice to Daugavpils. Once by driving by car from Holland, and once by flying to Riga and driving to Daugavpils in a rental.

Latvia is all fine. No need for vaccinations.

For the SEC a couple of years ago we flew into & out of Vilnius as it was much cheaper than Riga.

If you are planning to be around for a week or so, then Riga is worth a visit.  So is Trakai Castle & the very spooky Hill of Crosses north of Šiauliai.  You'll also be fine driving in Latvia & Lithuania.  However you will notice the difference between the two nations roads.  The money Lithuania spent on roadsigns to direct you, the Latvians spent on resurfacing (or vice versa, I can't remember which way around it was).  I'd rather drive in either than Poland.

Are they doing the temporary stands, I didn’t see any sign of them in the plan. Or are they waiting for the grandstand and standing area opposite to sell out before they go for extra stand. Must cost a bit to put up etc

28 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

all prices are for 2 days racing !!

Please can I claim the Mr stupid award for today. :oops:

Tickets and hotel booked, see you in Manchester.:D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Are they doing the temporary stands, I didn’t see any sign of them in the plan. Or are they waiting for the grandstand and standing area opposite to sell out before they go for extra stand. Must cost a bit to put up etc

They not on sale yet, maybe waiting for confirmation of stand size etc? I’m sure it will happen else capacity will only be about 3500ish.

in 2016 there was the huge temporary stand on the 3rd/4th bend plus there was an additional standing stand on 1st bend that not there anymore which made capacity 9000.

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

Its Manchester so it will rain.  

Yet we have the least rain offs. So go figure 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Absolute bargain price for two days racing, on arguably one of the best tracks in the world, modern stadium excellent facilities. Think Belle Vue have smashed with such give away prices. So pleased for Belle Vue they thoroughly deserve it   

4 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Absolute bargain price for two days racing, on arguably one of the best tracks in the world, modern stadium excellent facilities. Think Belle Vue have smashed with such give away prices. So pleased for Belle Vue they thoroughly deserve it   

While I wouldn't argue about the SON going to Belle Vue, I doubt they very much to do with ticket prices.

1 minute ago, screm said:

While I wouldn't argue about the SON going to Belle Vue, I doubt they very much to do with ticket prices.

The point I am trying to make is whoever is responsible for the pricing of tickets absolute give away 

2 minutes ago, sommelier said:

The point I am trying to make is whoever is responsible for the pricing of tickets absolute give away 

Agree with you, this is bound to sell out and probably see the use of the temporary stand on bends three and four.

11 minutes ago, screm said:

pricing nothing to do with b/vue management !!

56 minutes ago, Mark said:

Its Manchester so it will rain.  

here we go :rofl: :party: