British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, New Yorker said:

I'm not going to miss this. Will be my first speedway race after being a devoted fan on youtube etc. for the last seven years. Also my first trip to Europe. I would appreciate any advice on where to sit (going that far for a race I'm not going to worry about cost of seating) and hotel accommodations. Transportation etc. Really very excited about this! Looking forward to any recommendations.

As said book tickets asap, as for accommodation Manchester has the lot from basic to 5* a booking site like booking.com can help, in the UK the budget chain premier inn is good, with several hotels around Manchester, but the weekend that the speedway is on is also a bank holiday weekend, Saturday night in big cities work out fairly expensive, saying that I got a premier inn in the city centre for 2 nights for £150 for the room, 2 people, so not too expensive

Thanks everyone for the help!! I did book some grandstand tickets this morning and now will have to book a hotel with the help of your info.....Thanks again! Is there any place that people on this forum hang out. It would be fun to put a face on a few of these names.

No bars near the speedway, so people will be drinking in city centre, in the UK lots of people head to a weatherspoons pub, in big buildings and cheap.

I can't book my tickets yet but keep checking to see how quick there selling but surprisingly still seems plenty left and don't seem to be going that quick. I wonder if fans are waiting to see if there will be the temporary stands again and they'll be cheaper

On 23 December 2019 at 10:01 PM, Neila said:

As said book tickets asap, as for accommodation Manchester has the lot from basic to 5* a booking site like booking.com can help, in the UK the budget chain premier inn is good, with several hotels around Manchester, but the weekend that the speedway is on is also a bank holiday weekend, Saturday night in big cities work out fairly expensive, saying that I got a premier inn in the city centre for 2 nights for £150 for the room, 2 people, so not too expensive

Stockport centre is less than a fifteen min taxi ride away..

Might be worth a look for rooms..

9 hours ago, bruno said:

I can't book my tickets yet but keep checking to see how quick there selling but surprisingly still seems plenty left and don't seem to be going that quick. I wonder if fans are waiting to see if there will be the temporary stands again and they'll be cheaper

The social club just along from the track usually allows speedway visitors and is mega cheap.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:10 AM, Neila said:

No bars near the speedway, so people will be drinking in city centre, in the UK lots of people head to a weatherspoons pub, in big buildings and cheap.

social club right next door to stadium !!

Sorry did not know about social club, may give it a look, how busy does it get ?

Has anyone had trouble booking tickets for this? I THOUGHT I had booked two tickets in the grandstand but at the checkout it stated my card was invalid. Tried again with another card,but received the same message. Low and behold the money was taken from my bank both times but no ticket confirmation was received, and the same tickets are still on the site for sale!

My bank were not interested and suggest I contact the seller. Phone number given doesn't exist, so it looks like I have been duped!

26 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

Has anyone had trouble booking tickets for this? I THOUGHT I had booked two tickets in the grandstand but at the checkout it stated my card was invalid. Tried again with another card,but received the same message. Low and behold the money was taken from my bank both times but no ticket confirmation was received, and the same tickets are still on the site for sale!

My bank were not interested and suggest I contact the seller. Phone number given doesn't exist, so it looks like I have been duped!

Did you buy from https://mpv.tickets.com/     ?

Got confirmation email right away then a link to print off tickets at home, so all printed off ready to go, hope you get your money back, tickets sorted

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Got confirmation email right away then a link to print off tickets at home, so all printed off ready to go, hope you get your money back, tickets sorted

Cheers marra, yeah that's what I hoped would happen, but it didn't!

Can't believe the site said my card was invalid, but it still took my cash. To top it off the tickets I bought twice are still up for sale!!

6 hours ago, yellow and black said:

Cheers marra, yeah that's what I hoped would happen, but it didn't!

Can't believe the site said my card was invalid, but it still took my cash. To top it off the tickets I bought twice are still up for sale!!

Although i`m not a local i can see that it`s Belle Vue that are selling the tickets, through their normal system. It looks as if MPV tickets is a selling portal of  tickets .com which are based in Milton Keynes. I would if i were you,  try and contact Belle Vue asap and see if they can sort out the problem you have.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Although i`m not a local i can see that it`s Belle Vue that are selling the tickets, through their normal system. It looks as if MPV tickets is a selling portal of  tickets .com which are based in Milton Keynes. I would if i were you,  try and contact Belle Vue asap and see if they can sort out the problem you have.

Many thanks for taking an interest and posting the above suggestion. I have contacted tickets.com via e-mail and await a reply.