British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, yellow and black said:

Many thanks for taking an interest and posting the above suggestion. I have contacted tickets.com via e-mail and await a reply.

You might get more joy with Belle Vue direct as tickets. com i think provide the tools(software) for the individual teams/organisations to sell their tickets. It looks as if their office is closed until Jan 13th however you could email the general admin manager christine.simcock@bellevue-speedway.com who might look at her email`s before then.

You could also give BSI/IMG the details of the problem(as it`s linked through them) and see what they say.  https://www.speedwaygp.com/contact

Edited by racers and royals

Hoping to book tickets soon, am surprised how many are left. Can't see temporary stands going in at this rate. Early days I suppose

18 hours ago, Neila said:

Got confirmation email right away then a link to print off tickets at home, so all printed off ready to go, hope you get your money back, tickets sorted

Likewise.

18 hours ago, yellow and black said:

Has anyone had trouble booking tickets for this? I THOUGHT I had booked two tickets in the grandstand but at the checkout it stated my card was invalid. Tried again with another card,but received the same message. Low and behold the money was taken from my bank both times but no ticket confirmation was received, and the same tickets are still on the site for sale!

My bank were not interested and suggest I contact the seller. Phone number given doesn't exist, so it looks like I have been duped!

Booked tickets and printed at Home,no problems .E mail conformation was instant.Hope you manage to resolve the problem.Done mine of SON website.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 10:12 PM, yellow and black said:

Has anyone had trouble booking tickets for this? I THOUGHT I had booked two tickets in the grandstand but at the checkout it stated my card was invalid. Tried again with another card,but received the same message. Low and behold the money was taken from my bank both times but no ticket confirmation was received, and the same tickets are still on the site for sale!

My bank were not interested and suggest I contact the seller. Phone number given doesn't exist, so it looks like I have been duped!

If it’s any help,my transaction was done by 

TICKETS COM,MILTON KEYNES.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:35 AM, New Yorker said:

Thanks everyone for the help!! I did book some grandstand tickets this morning and now will have to book a hotel with the help of your info.....Thanks again! Is there any place that people on this forum hang out. It would be fun to put a face on a few of these names.

Me and a mate staying at the near Holiday inn, apparently it's about a mile from the greyhound arena

Booking 2 tickets tomorrow, still plenty available. Thought the main stand would sell out straight away. Strange. No chance of temporary stands on 3rd 4th bend I'd have thought. Didn't it sell out out straight away the last time a few years ago

10 hours ago, bruno said:

Booking 2 tickets tomorrow, still plenty available. Thought the main stand would sell out straight away. Strange. No chance of temporary stands on 3rd 4th bend I'd have thought. Didn't it sell out out straight away the last time a few years ago

Can only think it's the 2 day format that putting people off.

• Like 1

Maybe, didn't it more or less sell out both days last time and that was with the temporary stands as well

I don’t think 2016 was a sell out. If I recall, some fans standing near the first bend (?) were moved to bend 3/4 temporary seating - presumably for tv purposes.

Just to report that I've just booked two pairs of tickets successfully. Print at home links sent via email and I've printed them.
There was someone who said they had problems getting their tickets was there not? Could it be that the important email to print at home went to their spam box?

A question. I've been to the NSS twice and have street parked both times. But for such a meeting as this, are their other options? I assume you can't book car parking at the stadium (?). But are there better options to parking at the stadium?

There is school next door, in 2016 you could book tickets in advance, £5 per night I think. I would imagine they will use that again.

The organisers usually arrange parking at several locations close to the stadium (tennis club, school, shopping centre car park). Specific info will be on this page https://www.speedwaygp.com/son/event/2020-Final under 'Event Info' nearer the time.

Unfortunately I arrived late last year and was forced to park on a nearby street. Having just parked the car I was met by a local resident who asked if I was attending the speedway and then threatened that if I didn't move my car within the next five minutes he would slash my tyres - charming, eh ! :neutral:

Edited by HansCrump

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Just to report that I've just booked two pairs of tickets successfully. Print at home links sent via email and I've printed them.
There was someone who said they had problems getting their tickets was there not? Could it be that the important email to print at home went to their spam box?

A question. I've been to the NSS twice and have street parked both times. But for such a meeting as this, are their other options? I assume you can't book car parking at the stadium (?). But are there better options to parking at the stadium?

the showcase Cinema down the road  will probably be used like 2016 :t:

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t think 2016 was a sell out. If I recall, some fans standing near the first bend (?) were moved to bend 3/4 temporary seating - presumably for tv purposes.

Might be the case that they won’t build temporary stands this year then.It was pretty full though with the stands.we were offered seating in temporary stand on 3/4bend while waiting to get into 1/2 bend standing.

So, the question is...... why are ticket sales slow this year.   Can’t be the track..... unlike last years Togliatti track BV is assured to produce top class racing.  What about the format?  After 2018 when the real winners of the event (Team GB) finished second a lot of fans expressed verbally their disapproval of the format. Ok, 2019 the format was changed so 2018 fiasco should not occur again, but has the damage been done.       
I still prefer a 4+reserve competition, but that will only put 4 countries into the final, whereas with the current flavour it’s 7 countries.