British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, screm said:

https://bellevue-speedway.com/news/speedwayofnationspostponed

Those with tickets already, it might be an idea to keep hold of them for as there could be a re-staging date.

Just my thoughts, but I would scrap SoN this season just to give dates for other meetings. SGP will most likely be ridden in some extent, but jamming all FIM WC meetings in to 3-4 months is not happening, something needs to go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Just my thoughts, but I would scrap SoN this season just to give dates for other meetings. SGP will most likely be ridden in some extent, but jamming all FIM WC meetings in to 3-4 months is not happening, something needs to go.

Strip it down to the bones. Get rid of the no-hopers like France and Finland and ask El Presidente in Belarus if he will put on a weekend of racing in Minsk, seeing as he thinks it's all a load of old rubbish and they have started the football season with the public in attendance. No offence meant, but desperate times ask for desperate measures. SON one day and a GP the next

Sasha Lukaschenko is yer man

SoN could easily be run on one day.   Whether that's two meetings afternoon and evening or just one meeting.

I do have tickets and had already reached the conclusion that the finals would almost certainly be postponed / cancelled. But am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that this latest development has not been reported on the BSPA website?

• Like 1

Probably called off to meet government guidelines re coronavirus and crowd size. Health safety is far more important than a speedway meeting anyway!

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, gustix said:

Probably called off to meet government guidelines re coronavirus and crowd size. Health safety is far more important than a speedway meeting anyway!

Words of wisdom. We never would have guessed . Thanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gustix said:

No it was called off cos I said I couldnt come.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, gustix said:

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Words of wisdom. We never would have guessed . Thanks

Isn't there a fixture in boating for rowlocks!

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

No it was called off cos I said I couldnt come.

Spot on comment. I can't think of a better reason come to again consider the reason for the postponement.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

I didn't know that.  

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

I do have tickets and had already reached the conclusion that the finals would almost certainly be postponed / cancelled. But am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that this latest development has not been reported on the BSPA website?

It's the bspa that is odd they are living in cloud cuckoo land, also bsi organise the SON meetings so nowt to do with bspa. On another note not widely reported yet,  is that the ACU has suspended all liscenes till end of may, so no speedway (or any motorbikes) till at least mid June IMO, this dispite the bspa saying they will look at things in mid April !!! As I said living in cloud cuckoo land

Edited by Neila
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, gustix said:

Isn't there a fixture in boating for rowlocks!

Never heard of it. I do know they need a lot of cox. Sure you have been in demand most of your lifeB)

from the ticket website:

9. Tickets are non-refundable and are sold subject to the Organiser’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain the date, time and venue of any rearranged staging of the event. 10. Should the event be postponed no refund of the ticket price or any additional expenditure shall be made to the ticket holder.

10. Should the event be postponed no refund of the ticket price or any additional expenditure shall be made to the ticket holder.

So no refund, perhaps if they do not find a restaging date   this year there is a chance??

1 hour ago, Scipio777 said:

from the ticket website:

9. Tickets are non-refundable and are sold subject to the Organiser’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain the date, time and venue of any rearranged staging of the event. 10. Should the event be postponed no refund of the ticket price or any additional expenditure shall be made to the ticket holder.

10. Should the event be postponed no refund of the ticket price or any additional expenditure shall be made to the ticket holder.

So no refund, perhaps if they do not find a restaging date   this year there is a chance??

1 hour ago, Scipio777 said:

from the ticket website:

Reading the Warsaw GP thread it's the same no refund policy but they are now offering refunds.    At a time when speedway needs every fan any denial of a refund would be mindless.     I'll retain hope a new date can be found.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1