British Speedway Forum

Poor from bsi even tho it does state this in their terms and conditions. I've had another event moved to the Saturday of the son so can only attend the Sunday now. Will decide nearer the time whether to sell my tickets. I've a feeling it won't be going ahead tho

4 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just had a email from speedway gp regarding the SON , they are NOT refunding tickets for the re-arranged date as per their terms and conditions , but if the event in October is cancelled they will refund. 

Very poor from BSI, there are bound to be people who either cant or dont want to go to the re-arranged date. BSI need to understand that people bought their tickets in good faith about seeing a meeting. Had the meeting been called off due to the weather I suppose they have an argument but not under these circumstances, as I say very poor IMO. Maybe if their contact wasn't coming to an end they would care a bit more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just had a email from speedway gp regarding the SON , they are NOT refunding tickets for the re-arranged date as per their terms and conditions , but if the event in October is cancelled they will refund. 

Awful. 

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Poor from bsi even tho it does state this in their terms and conditions. I've had another event moved to the Saturday of the son so can only attend the Sunday now. Will decide nearer the time whether to sell my tickets. I've a feeling it won't be going ahead tho

I have read the terms and conditions.    Selling tickets even at face value is not allowed.    But I would tell them to stuff that.

Yeh I would, may still go on the Sunday. There's more going on at the minute to get worked up about it I suppose. Had a mate die today, focuses the mind a bit

Think if does run maybe the only speedway we will see? Can't see any league speedway till September if we are lucky then . Think it maybe 2021 hope I'm wrong. 

46 minutes ago, a4poster said:

Manchester at the end of October in a City that is synonymous with rain? 

but the National Speedway Stadium has proved in the short time since it opened in 2016 that it can hold raceable meetings when others tracks have failed.

Add to that, the BLRC used to be held in October at Hyde Road stadium, and that is only a few hundred yeards down the road - same weather patterns..

3 hours ago, a4poster said:

I ve twice been at wet meetings there, one where the rain was torrential pre meeting, and had a couple of heavy downpours during the meeting. The racing was as good (if not better then some mega hot days) as any of my other visits.

I dont have tickets but wouldn't think twice about travelling even if the forecast was ropey, if I did have.

It can rain  anywhere any day in GB.:rolleyes:

22 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

but the National Speedway Stadium has proved in the short time since it opened in 2016 that it can hold raceable meetings when others tracks have failed.

Add to that, the BLRC used to be held in October at Hyde Road stadium, and that is only a few hundred yeards down the road - same weather patterns..

Been 40 years since Hyde Road... Seriously doubt that the weather patters are the same...

3 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Been 40 years since Hyde Road... Seriously doubt that the weather patters are the same...

Really.

Poland really pi$$ed off at the FIm/BsI  for the scheduled Daugavpils semi`s on September 25/26th weekend as it`s play-offs. Belle Vue  date isn`t  such a problem as season should be over by then.

24 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Poland really pi$$ed off at the FIm/BsI  for the scheduled Daugavpils semi`s on September 25/26th weekend as it`s play-offs. Belle Vue  date isn`t  such a problem as season should be over by then.

so will we see a power struggle over who REALLY runs the sport?

On 4/17/2020 at 7:28 PM, bruno said:

Yeh I would, may still go on the Sunday. There's more going on at the minute to get worked up about it I suppose. Had a mate die today, focuses the mind a bit

sorry to read that news.

• Like 1