British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, screm said:

It would make sense wouldn't it, I have two grandstand tickets, I`d love to know if i will get to use them.

I emailed them, but got Automated reply saying due to Covid they were working reduced staff levels and would be a delay in replying.!!!

FROM BSI ... We are still hoping to have a crowd and their tickets will be valid. It all depends on Uk government but they should hold on to their tickets

To have a crowd, if allowed, it would be limited to around 33% of capacity, but over 90% of tickets have been sold so not sure how they would do that.

34 minutes ago, Rob B said:

To have a crowd, if allowed, it would be limited to around 33% of capacity, but over 90% of tickets have been sold so not sure how they would do that.

The Grandstand is sold out,I’m sure like myself many families have seated tickets adjacent in the stand.The obvious easy decision would to refund now and re-sell tickets when the crowd level and social distance rules will be known.They are obviously hoping for a full house but that is “long shot”. They don’t want to refund if they can get away with it.

• Like 2

Speedway mentioned in daily mail today about several trial stadium events for September to be monitored by a government team/department. Speedway event was to be at Ipswich, then results of these test events would determine whether larger crowds can attend in October, other sports doing trial are football, rugby, cricket, horse racing and basketball

It is annoying but BSI doing the right thing to delay exact ticketing arrangements.   The position is changing weekly with trials happening in other sports so crowd numbers may be increased by the end of October.    But they should let customers know they are thinking of them and by what date a final decision will be made.

Could main stand ticket holders agree to be moved to other stands ?

It will rain anyhow.   It is Manchester in October.

43 minutes ago, Mark said:

It is annoying but BSI doing the right thing to delay exact ticketing arrangements.   The position is changing weekly with trials happening in other sports so crowd numbers may be increased by the end of October.    But they should let customers know they are thinking of them and by what date a final decision will be made.

Could main stand ticket holders agree to be moved to other stands ?

It will rain anyhow.   It is Manchester in October.

There are no other stands though.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

There are no other stands though.

Far side is standing

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Far side is standing

Yes standing only,Main Grandstand is all seating.If you have payed for seating might not happy to stand for a lot of fans.

Edited by Fromafar

Also would assume a lot of tickets sold for back straight standing area, so where will they squeeze in ?

44 minutes ago, Neila said:

Also would assume a lot of tickets sold for back straight standing area, so where will they squeeze in ?

Time to dust off my stopwatch. I'm going in the ref's box B)

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Yes standing only,Main Grandstand is all seating.If you have payed for seating might not happy to stand for a lot of fans.

An option.  Not perfect but it could work

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neila said:

It is all a bit of a mess really, should just refund IMO ,because if it does go ahead at Belle Vue they will probably sell out the crowd limit if restrictions are imposed.

I see some crowds of up to 2k being allowed in some football matches this month

Edited by topaz325