British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

I thought it had already been staged and won by Tero Aarnio?

I must have read it wrong and thought we was talking about -21... My bad.

47 minutes ago, Mark said:

Run SON without the Finns.  Simple solution.

But SoN needs every country to take part... 

3 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Well, who was correct?

DO you want a round of applause? It would have been at the NSS had the government not changed course.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Well, who was correct?

Fake news :rofl:

A two day meeting in Manchester, In October?? Really. sorry I love this sport, and have supported for over half a century now, but this does not seem logical to me....

The liklehoood to me seems that at least one day will be rained off, and there will be no time to re-schedule. Hotel fees and flight costs will be at wasted

One day -Friday?/Saturday?  would at least leave Sunday open for re-staging. As it stands fans from outside the region and Country have to book for a two night stay, and will possibly have to leave without the meeting being staged.

I know this is a gamble we all routinely take every year, but this seems a step too far -though I admit I have not checked the historical weather records, and perhaps the FIM have...??

I live about 40 miles away, and had booked a hotel for this year. Will see if any tickets are available on the day next year, if it does not fall on half term again, when I will  (hopefully)be  abroad.

Regards

T

40 minutes ago, Scipio777 said:

A two day meeting in Manchester, In October?? Really. sorry I love this sport, and have supported for over half a century now, but this does not seem logical to me....

The liklehoood to me seems that at least one day will be rained off, and there will be no time to re-schedule. Hotel fees and flight costs will be at wasted

One day -Friday?/Saturday?  would at least leave Sunday open for re-staging. As it stands fans from outside the region and Country have to book for a two night stay, and will possibly have to leave without the meeting being staged.

I know this is a gamble we all routinely take every year, but this seems a step too far -though I admit I have not checked the historical weather records, and perhaps the FIM have...??

I live about 40 miles away, and had booked a hotel for this year. Will see if any tickets are available on the day next year, if it does not fall on half term again, when I will  (hopefully)be  abroad.

Regards

T

So October this year was fine for you but October next year is not? 

Edited by Noodles

lol - exactly - I invested money to go in May 2020. I am a fan, so decided to risk it for October this year to support my sport.

If the original date would have bee a 2 day event in Manchester, in October, no I would not, It makes no sense.

Are you still going?

Regards

8 hours ago, Scipio777 said:

lol - exactly - I invested money to go in May 2020. I am a fan, so decided to risk it for October this year to support my sport.

If the original date would have bee a 2 day event in Manchester, in October, no I would not, It makes no sense.

Are you still going?

Regards

I doubt it will be October 2021.  Its a meeting normally held mid summer 

11 hours ago, Noodles said:

So October this year was fine for you but October next year is not? 

October was a “ get out clause” .I certainly won’t book  Pre- book for October In Manchester for a 2 day event.I have asked for a refund.If it was a good forecast come the time and there was tickets I might consider it

3 hours ago, Mark said:

I doubt it will be October 2021.  Its a meeting normally held mid summer 

They have already stated in will be held in October next year though!!!

On 9/22/2020 at 10:16 AM, arnieg said:

e-mail in my inbox timed at 9.59am

Apply for refund before end of Oct or ticket rolls over to next year's event at Belle Vue (date unspecified)

Lucky you, I`m still waiting for an email.

I did get an e mail , and have applied for a refund -- next years event will apparently be in Manchester, in October again:

"Following discussions with Belle Vue, we are however pleased to announce that the event will return in 2021, with the date to be confirmed but will take place over a weekend in October."

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

They have already stated in will be held in October next year though!!!

I missed that, sorry.  Strange decision.

50 minutes ago, screm said:

Lucky you, I`m still waiting for an email.

Also had E-mail and have applied for refund..