British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Most of them grew up in Pakistan but generally they've all been born in Afghanistan. 

Many of them grew up as Afghan refugees in Pakistan. 

Not 100% sure about Kenya, but think most of them were native too, whilst Namibia was a South Africa territory until 1990, so many Namibian players would essentially have had South African connections. 

22 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

"World Rugby haven’t turned their World Cup into a sevens tournament so more countries can be competitive."

And there lies the rub. Just like British speedway. Instead of keeping its standards high. We let the lesser clubs dictate the points limit and as such the elite league is now arguably the weakest it has ever been! As for the SON. just like above, Poland, Australia and a lesser extent Sweden and Denmark were head and shoulders above the rest. So the FIM decide to dream up a pairs event instead. As such weakening the product.

Can you imagine if a certain country won the World rugby cup every year. Would the authorities change the format so said country would find it harder to win? Well that's what in essence the FIM have decided to do. Weaken the product and make it harder for the stronger nations to win the competition.

The WTC was a week of fantastic racing, but once again just like this years GP scoring system. The speedway authorities seem very apt at knowing how to shoot them selfs in the foot and change a perfectly good product into something not as good.

Still waiting on my email to refund my tickets. How is everyone else doing.

What I'd like to see in Speedway is a three-year rotation of different international team events. Starting with a genuine World Pairs Championship, with as many nations taking part as possible and with two riders per pair/team. This would allow pretty much every speedway nation in the world to enter the preliminary stages of this competition.

The following year I'd like to see the top eight, ten, or twelve nations of the previous year's Pairs Championship enter the World 4-Team Championship. The previous year's Pairs competition could be used to decide the respective nations' qualification for the Fours.

In the third year of the rotation it would be only the top five nations (these to be the top five of the previous year's World Fours Championship) to compete with full six-man teams in proper Team-vs-Team meetings in a round-robin tournament (run on similar lines as the former five nations tournament in Rugby Union) with two home and two away matches for each nation. The Australians could name an alternative home track venue in either the UK or somewhere else in Europe, as it is unlikely they'd be able to stage their home meetings in Australia. 

Alternatively for this World Cup tournament, and probably easier to arrange, it could be run as a knock-out tournament with only the top four nations in a couple of semi-finals with the respective winners going into a Grand Final for the World Cup. Three highly attractive fixtures. 

Such a scheme would give us much more variety with different international team competitions over a three year period, and it would make each tournament more special, compared to having the SWC or now the SoN (acutally a World Pairs in disguise) each and every year.

Let's have the three different World Team speedway competitions instead:

Year 1 - A WORLD PAIRS CHAMPIONSHIP

Year 2 - A WORLD FOUR TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Year 3 - A WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT

and back to the World Pairs in the fourth year and so on with the rotation. 

Edited by Bavarian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

Still waiting for mine as well

3 hours ago, screm said:

MOST of the BSI team have been self-isolating when back in the UK following Prague and now Torun. Will be returning to Poland for SON and then another 14 days self isolating.

3 hours ago, screm said:

Had the E-mail telling is was Off.Have E-mailed them for refund as instructed Quoting my ticket reference No..Not heard anything but it stated it could be between 30-45 days before refund,so just have to wait and see.Strange they can take your cash at touch of a button, but take them 6 weeks to press the same button to give you a refund.!!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MOST of the BSI team have been self-isolating when back in the UK following Prague and now Torun. Will be returning to Poland for SON and then another 14 days self isolating.

So they can't do anything online in the meantime, including refunding payments that were probably made online?

Utterly pathetic excuse. Are you ordered to say this stuff, or do you actually believe the crap you're fed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WFH not a thing at BSI then.... 

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Still waiting for mine as well

SEND me your email address via personal message and will ask someone at BSI to contact those handling refunds ...

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

WFH not a thing at BSI then.... 

THOSE not on furlough or haven't been made redundant probably are ...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THOSE not on furlough or haven't been made redundant probably are ...

So your excuse is a load of rubbish then... theres no reason people couldnt of been contacted and refunded then 

• Like 1

They did not mention the date of the SoN yesterday from the GP in Torun or UK studio. WHEN is it set for now? Will it be on BT or Eurosport?

38 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

They did not mention the date of the SoN yesterday from the GP in Torun or UK studio. WHEN is it set for now? Will it be on BT or Eurosport?

OCTOBER 16th/17th on BT Sport