British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

In the 2 SGP rounds at Wroclaw he was announced as representing Poland

That doesn't count though. That goes on licence, as G Laguta represented Latvia a few times if you go on that

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

That doesn't count though. That goes on licence, as G Laguta represented Latvia a few times if you go on that

So his SGP license is different to his SON license ? 

Just now, iwright71 said:

So his SGP license is different to his SON license ? 

An individual meeting, you can represent any country as long as you hold a licence. But you can't represent a team without holding a passport.....an old subject that confuses many

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Chugunov can’t represent Russia surely

Why?  Because he has a Polish license? So does Artem Laguta. Didn't Chuganov ride for Russia in the test match at Bydgoszcz? Haven't checked but sure he did 

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Piotr Pawlicki is also banned.

Blimey, Dudek is in awful form. Drabik & Smektala average less Lambert so without seeing every fixture I'd assume they've not had stellar first years in the Ekstraliga 1-5's. Surely will get picked before Hampel who's the next Pole in the averages after Dudek.

6 minutes ago, eric i said:

It's a choice between Hampel on his home track, or Dudek in bad form.

Dudek rode brilliantly at Lublin recently. Hampel is finished at the elite level IMO.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

so who replaces woofinden now ? our chances of gone up in smoke !!

33 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Dan Bewley is the man.

no bigger bewley fan than me but no where near up to it he will stay at the reserve under 21 for the event they will have to bring someone in ??? lawson worrall ???

40 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

no bigger bewley fan than me but no where near up to it he will stay at the reserve under 21 for the event they will have to bring someone in ??? lawson worrall ???

Woffinden should be fit, only a finger issue apparently. 

I'm sure he can get through a couple of rides.

6 hours ago, iris123 said:

An individual meeting, you can represent any country as long as you hold a licence. But you can't represent a team without holding a passport.....an old subject that confuses many

Exactly, which is why Timo Lahti has appeared in the Swedish Championship riding on a Swedish licence, as well as riding for Finland in the SoN in the same year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Woffinden should be fit, only a finger issue apparently. 

I'm sure he can get through a couple of rides.

Is this the finger injury he been carrying during the 8 GP’s ?  If so, why is it bothering him now, interviewed at Toruń and he was saying GB in with a good chance.

Lahti riding for the Swedish championship and for Finland in the same year - nonsense, it’s one or the other, but not both.