British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

For the season i should have said- His mental state i think the reason.

Jus a small detail... :lol:  found a story saying about the same, just that the site was unheard of for me.

Why is Kemp and Palin picked ahead of Rowe? He did ok in Poland this year and Palin only really has NL experience so far.....faces fitting more?

• Like 2

To be fair I think earlier in the year Palin went at short notice to the World U19 or U21 championship when GB got extra places. It might have been Euros. Rowe declined due to his Polish team commitments. I think he had a similar issue with the u21 team competition. So I can see why they might stick with Palin. 

19 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Why is Kemp and Palin picked ahead of Rowe? He did ok in Poland this year and Palin only really has NL experience so far.....faces fitting more?

I wondered that. I've never heard of the lad, and looked him up. He's only 16. He may well be a good prospect though.

Rowe has shown good dedication this year by riding in Poland. I was impressed that he did that.

5 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

Now confirmed by GB speedway that Woffinden is out so I presume they go with those four riders and give opportunities to Palin one night and Kemp the other?

I'm sure you can only drip riders through Injury, so they couldn't choose to swap Palin & Kemp over!

49 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I wondered that. I've never heard of the lad, and looked him up. He's only 16. He may well be a good prospect though.

Rowe has shown good dedication this year by riding in Poland. I was impressed that he did that.

in 2019 NL Palin averaged 8.82, Rowe averaged 8.37.

• Like 1

Obviously Lambert & Bewley are guaranteed to ride, but can you choose a 2nd U21 rider over a senior? So could Kemp be chosen over Palin or is Palin guaranteed to ride now?

15 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Obviously Lambert & Bewley are guaranteed to ride, but can you choose a 2nd U21 rider over a senior? So could Kemp be chosen over Palin or is Palin guaranteed to ride now?

I presume Bewley will move up, Kemp will be the U21 reserve and Palin would be on standby to ride in day 2 if there was an injury.

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

I presume Bewley will move up, Kemp will be the U21 reserve and Palin would be on standby to ride in day 2 if there was an injury.

i would imagine Bewley stays as U21 reserve so HE can cover if there's an injury, as long as all riders have at least one ride

8 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If Sayfudtinov leads Leszno to another league title and he wins the SON with Artem, you could argue that he's had a better season than Zmarzlik.

YOU could argue that but in my view and probably that of Emil nothing beats being individual World Champion

• Thanks 1

You look at the Polish squad and all of a sudden things don't seem to be quite so rosy in their garden. Dudek's drop in form has been alarming, Janowski and Pawlicki's exclusion is inexplicable and Cieslak may well pay for this with his job imo, the other Pawlicki's drop in form is more alarming than Dudek's and Drabik has allegedly retired. After those that have been already named you're starting to look at the old timers KK, Hampel & Pepe. I think they may end up pressing the self destruct button by placing too much pressure on their younger riders.

Russia on the other hand have picked 3 riders who will probably just turn up and win (imo).

I also note there's no Peter Kildemand in the Danish squad, what on earth has happened to him? He seemed destined for great things a few years ago, was really fast (fell off too easily) and was even a GP winnder then it all seemed to blow up in 2015. He was due to come back to the UK this season, I've only seen him once or twice on TV riding for a Polish club, who obviously don't fancy him.

Edited by iainb

9 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If Sayfudtinov leads Leszno to another league title and he wins the SON with Artem, you could argue that he's had a better season than Zmarzlik.

You could argue that black is white and get killed on a zebra crossing. But I think we know who has the world at his feet right now.

55 minutes ago, iainb said:

......Janowski and Pawlicki's exclusion is inexplicable and Cieslak may well pay for this with his job imo......

Didn't I hear in commentary that he is retiring at the end of this year?

Whether that is true or not, I agree that the Poles have to settle their differences. Having the clear world no.4 sitting at home during the Speedway of Nations is not only damaging Poland's chances, it deprives us from watching him.

Just to clarify, these team declarations released this week were done 3 weeks ago- teams could name 3 senior and 2 U 21 riders. 6 days before the 1st final teams have to nominate the 2 senior and the u 21 rider taking part in the 2 final days. Team GB will be able to name a senior rider  injury replacement for Tai if they want to on that declaration.