British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

There is no chance he will ride - FULL STOP he has already said himself his season is over.

https://twitter.com/TWoffinden?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Hi R&R...... hope you don't mind, you seem a font of knowledge........ I clicked that link, and on it it says 4 time World Champion........ where did the 4th one come from?

5 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Hi R&R...... hope you don't mind, you seem a font of knowledge........ I clicked that link, and on it it says 4 time World Champion........ where did the 4th one come from?

Not sure it has !!! Was he British champion X 7 ??- i make it 3 

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

There is no chance he will ride - FULL STOP he has already said himself his season is over.

https://twitter.com/TWoffinden?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I'm going to upset you R&R, which is not my intention....

Tai has not said clearly that he's not riding. "That's a wrap" could easily refer to his Polish league season.
Tai has damaged (badly, I admit) his clutch hand. I'm sure I remember occasions in past, when riders have switched their clutch lever to the right and had both the clutch and throttle on the same side. Not ideal, but doable. So I haven't given up hope just yet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure it has !!! Was he British champion X 7 ??- i make it 3 

Ha, dodgy keyboard on his part I reckon :D....... cheers for confirming

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

I'm going to upset you R&R, which is not my intention....

Tai has not said clearly that he's not riding. "That's a wrap" could easily refer to his Polish league season.
Tai has damaged (badly, I admit) his clutch hand. I'm sure I remember occasions in past, when riders have switched their clutch lever to the right and had both the clutch and throttle on the same side. Not ideal, but doable. So I haven't given up hope just yet.

You are not upsetting me - this time at least :)  no way will he risk it - he will earn as much being an additional studio guest for BT as he would in Lublin ;)

• Like 1

As to Tai's record, without checking, is he referring to other British Championships other than the senior one? For example the British U21 Championship. Likewise,  has he won another World Championship

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You are not upsetting me - this time at least :).....

For that I am pleased, really. I acknowledge you are the "Go to" for all things international in the speedway world.

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

......no way will he risk it - he will earn as much being an additional studio guest for BT as he would in Lublin ;)

At the risk of opening a can of worms, not everything is done for money.

Edited by False dawn

BTW, I like that picture of Tai on his Twitter account.

[Looks like he's using his index finger to operate the clutch!]

Tai - 2020.jpg

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

You are not upsetting me - this time at least :)  no way will he risk it - he will earn as much being an additional studio guest for BT as he would in Lublin ;)

Logically why should he ride ?...the money is poor...the team is dreadfully weak...there is absolutely nothing to be added to his reputation.....he will be a big draw on TV..with "Monster" getting good publicity....put your house on him not riding

23 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Tai wasn't really though was he? He wasnt a top rider in Poland, he was a rank outsider who was almost universally tipped to finish last...

500/1 from what I remember. :t:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I IMAGINE he will be self-isolating if he comes back from Poland.

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I IMAGINE he will be self-isolating if he comes back from Poland.

Good point I forgot about that.    Maybe he'll do a video link if he is wanted.   Sky and BT are using them at the momeht.

Could Tai be involved in the pits as a coach/mentor or are numbers still limited?

42 minutes ago, spiegal said:

Logically why should he ride ?...the money is poor...the team is dreadfully weak...there is absolutely nothing to be added to his reputation.....he will be a big draw on TV..with "Monster" getting good publicity....put your house on him not riding

But the team (ie pairing) wouldn’t be ‘dreadfully weak’ if Tai rode, you could argue they’d have a decent chance of winning with him. 

• Like 1