British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But the team (ie pairing) wouldn’t be ‘dreadfully weak’ if Tai rode, you could argue they’d have a decent chance of winning with him. 

more chance of PUTIN working for the Samaritans....speedway riders ride for the money...championships/trophy awards  mean even more money 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Horrible crash.    Both riders so fortunate to break only one bone and nothing really major that would take 3 to 6 months to heal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I hope this will finally put to bed the"  Woffinden will ride " stupid theories.

I didn't have a stupid theory that he would ride, I had another sort of theory that he might, just might ride :oops:

Edit:

Mind you, quoting a website that says the next event is the SON final in 15 days in Manchester might undermine the veracity of any news that they carry.
Just kidding my patient friend. I'll move to another thread and annoy you there, promise. :rofl:

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

There is no chance he will ride - FULL STOP he has already said himself his season is over.

https://twitter.com/TWoffinden?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Fair enough... plenty time for a U turn though... is all I’m saying

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Surging Covid 19 cases  in Poland has resulted in Lublin will now only be allowed 25% of stadium capacity for the SON

Which makes the choice of Lublin with one of the lowest capacity strange.

Just now, Rob B said:

Even with 50% allowed it seemed a strange choice.

3 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Even with 50% allowed it seemed a strange choice.

Yes that’s what I meant it was always a strange choice with a reduced capacity but always the risk it could be limited more.

There will be a few cranes hired at Lublin.   

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

PROBABLY because they wanted it...

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Seems more then a few don’t understand what’s involved in running a business.

That's not important! If I want something done my way, then they should do it, dammit!!!

• Haha 1

The draw for the 2020 Monster Energy FIM Speedway of Nations Final in Lublin on October 16 and 17 has been confirmed.

Champions Russia launch their title defence on day one in heat three against Great Britain – the side they defeated to clinch their first world title in the Grand Final in Wroclaw in 2018.

Hosts Poland get their weekend underway against last year’s bronze medallists Australia in race two, with Denmark opening the meeting in heat one against the Czech Republic, who make their SON Final debut. Sweden’s first race comes against the Czechs in heat four.

Last year’s top two Russia and Poland collide in heat 13 with some big battles to finish day one. Scandinavian rivals Sweden and Denmark meet in race 19. GB face off with Poland in heat 20 and Russia conclude their heats against Australia in race 21.

Poland start day two with another battle with the Brits in heat one, with Russia opening their Saturday against the Czechs in race two.

Sweden and Australia clash in heat three and Denmark get day two started against Poland in race four, before Britain continue a tough start to their night when they renew rivalries with Russia in heat five. Poland and Russia clash in race eight.

All seven sides meet each other over 21 heats on both day one and day two, with the highest-scoring side over 42 races seeded straight through to the Grand Final at the end of day two.

The second and third-placed nations on the score chart battle it out in the Grand Final Qualifier, with the winner facing the top-scoring country in the Grand Final for the SON world title.

In a change to the scoring system for 2021, there will be four points for a heat win, with three for second, two for third and zero points for last place, a disqualification or failing to finish.

As a result, there will be no drawn heats this year, with second and third place scoring a total of five points, giving the team that avoids last place a 5-4 heat win over a country taking first and fourth. This means second and third place in the Grand Final would see a team crowned world champions.

MONSTER ENERGY FIM SPEEDWAY OF NATIONS FINAL DRAW:
DAY 1:

A: Czech Republic
B: Denmark
C: Poland
D: Australia
E: Great Britain
F: Russia
G: Sweden

DAY 2:
A: Poland
B: Great Britain