British Speedway Forum

I've just re read my email about the son refund and can apply now. My fault for not reading it properly

On 10/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

THOSE not on furlough or haven't been made redundant probably are ...

On 10/3/2020 at 2:09 PM, Fromafar said:

Had the E-mail telling is was Off.Have E-mailed them for refund as instructed Quoting my ticket reference No..Not heard anything but it stated it could be between 30-45 days before refund,so just have to wait and see.Strange they can take your cash at touch of a button, but take them 6 weeks to press the same button to give you a refund.!!

On 10/3/2020 at 2:09 PM, Fromafar said:

Had the E-mail telling is was Off.Have E-mailed them for refund as instructed Quoting my ticket reference No..Not heard anything but it stated it could be between 30-45 days before refund,so just have to wait and see.Strange they can take your cash at touch of a button, but take them 6 weeks to press the same button to give you a refund.!!

I have had the same exact message. Provided said details and emailed again to hear nothing. I can help wondering has anyone yet had a refund or have the spend our money already.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Teams had to name their 2 senior and the U21 rider taking part in both meetings by the end of play yesterday.

THEY have done so ... race cards with riders' names in SS this week ...

17 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

It's great that you can be world champions and never win a race

It is a PAIRS event!

What is the point of a teams no1 going out & winning all his races if his partner finishes last.

2020 MONSTER ENERGY FIM SPEEDWAY OF NATIONS FINAL STARTING LINE-UPS:

RUSSIA

1. Emil Sayfutdinov ©

2. Artem Laguta

3. Evgenii Saidullin (U21)

Team Manager: Oleg Kurguskin

POLAND

1. Bartosz Zmarzlik ©

2. Szymon Wozniak

3. Dominik Kubera (U21)

Team Manager: Marek Cieslak

AUSTRALIA

1. Jason Doyle ©

2. Max Fricke

3. Jaimon Lidsey (U21)

Team Manager: Mark Lemon

DENMARK

1. Leon Madsen ©

2. Anders Thomsen

3. Marcus Birkemose (U21)

Team Manager: Hans Nielsen

SWEDEN

1. Fredrik Lindgren ©

2. Oliver Berntzon

3. Alexander Woentin (U21)

Team Manager: Morgan Andersson

GREAT BRITAIN

1. Robert Lambert ©

2. Drew Kemp

3. Daniel Bewley (U21)

Team Managers: Simon Stead and Oliver Allen

CZECH REPUBLIC

1. Vaclav Milik ©

2. Eduard Krcmar

3. Petr Chlupac (U21)

Team Manager: Filip Sitera

19 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

It's great that you can be world champions and never win a race

That could happen is every kind of speedway World championship.

It could happen in the Grand Prix. Second in all the heats. Second in the semi-final. Second in the final. 18 points every round.

It could happen in the old one-off World Finals too. I remember a topic coming up a while back, and I went through a programme to see if it could be done. It could.

So, it's nothing new.

• Like 1

Is Drew Kemp really our best option here? I don't know too much about him, so maybe he's better than I'm aware. This seems, basically, to be giving up and just going for experience.

Possibly the right move, as we've no chance without Woffy anyway? But I see Adam Ellis is riding in the Peter Craven Memorial. Could he not be used if he's fit? Richard Lawson perhaps?

Is Kemp our most promising youngster?

45 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Is Drew Kemp really our best option here? I don't know too much about him, so maybe he's better than I'm aware. This seems, basically, to be giving up and just going for experience.

Possibly the right move, as we've no chance without Woffy anyway? But I see Adam Ellis is riding in the Peter Craven Memorial. Could he not be used if he's fit? Richard Lawson perhaps?

Adam would probably been a good shout if not injured and untested

Of those who have ridden and potentially available the likes of Lawson whilst technically better right now has no real future at that level 

With respect to them all there is none outside Lamber and Bewley that you would expect to score even a single point at SON level

Drew therefore has to be the best choice both in terms of being set up, ready and race fit and in terms of looking to the future

• Like 1

If Tai lets GB use his bikes, our chances are slightly better than I thought they were going to be

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Give the Gold to Australia ASAP?

RUSSIA have the best top two ... can probably cover for their U21 in one race each day

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

BEWLEY can take extra rides... had a good meeting in Poland last week

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

With respect to them all there is none outside Lambert and Bewley that you would expect to score even a single point at SON level

I disagree the SON looks much weaker this year & there's certainly a possibility that Lawson or the Worralls could've picked up points, especially against U-21 riders!

• Like 1