British Speedway Forum

Have the Worrall's,Wright,Cook etc been asked and declined,we don't know.Maybe they are all in jobs now?Think you have to self quarantine on your return from Poland now so don't want to quarantine themselves.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

That would be an Arris... 

What does that make Anita ‘Arris?.

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Think the point you are missing is that GB have a "Squad".

A senior Squad and an Academy Squad.

Adam Ellis and Charles Wright are in the senior Squad (with Tai / Lambert / Bewley (who is in both) but Worralls, Bomber and Lawson aren't.

The Academy Squad includes likes of Kemp, Brennan, Palin, Gilkes;Flint;Edwards, Rowe; Bickley etc .

So to bring in Bomber / Worralls / Lawson would have been same as Southgate calling a footballer in to his 22 man Squad and straight in to team.

Kemp and Palin have been given U21 slots and Lambert, Bewley have main slots after Tai's injury

What about Cook is he in it or not.?

On 10/10/2020 at 9:20 PM, chunky said:

It could have happened in the old World Finals, yet nobody complained about that...

Do you mean individual world finals?  How many times was it won with 10 points?

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What about Cook is he in it or not.?

Has he ridden this year? If not, that’s a good reason why he is not included.

24 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

None because its not possible.....Sam Ermolenko won outright with a score of 12.....

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Has he ridden this year? If not, that’s a good reason why he is not included.

I’m talking about in the squad not whether he is picked,Wright is in the squad but not racing this year.I was wondering if Cook is in the squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

People have been pointing out that one of the flaws of the GP system, and now the SON, is that a rider(s) COULD win a World Championship without ever winning a race. It was also possible to do that with the old World Final system.

Just because something didn't happen doesn't mean that it wasn't possible.

Edited by chunky

49 minutes ago, andout said:

None because its not possible.....Sam Ermolenko won outright with a score of 12.....

It was still possible to win a World Championship without ever winning a race.

8 minutes ago, chunky said:

It was still possible to win a World Championship without ever winning a race.

It was possible to win by just winning 1 race and not scoring another point... if everybody else got excluded in all of their other races, unlikely though unless the ref was Frank Ebdon!

Lot's of things are possible though not always likely. I think all the fans and riders want is the fairest scoring system

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I’m talking about in the squad not whether he is picked,Wright is in the squad but not racing this year.I was wondering if Cook is in the squad.

Wasn’t Cook invited to be part of the squad training before what should have been the start of the season - in Southampton with the Marines or something like that - but declined to attend?

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It was possible to win by just winning 1 race and not scoring another point... if everybody else got excluded in all of their other races, unlikely though unless the ref was Frank Ebdon!

Lot's of things are possible though not always likely. I think all the fans and riders want is the fairest scoring system

Exactly. Trouble is, because things "didn't happen", people never gave it a thought that they "could have happened". A team winning the SON without "winning" a race (even though they score the most points - which is the objective) is unlikely, but yes, it COULD happen. However, a rider becoming World Champion without winning a race is NEVER going to happen, even though it is possible.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:10 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

NOTHING to gain by having Harris there. Look to the future. England have some excellent prospects coming through the ranks. Invest in them and, hopefully, reap the benefit later.

But it’s not a practice match! Pick a team for now!

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Exactly. Trouble is, because things "didn't happen", people never gave it a thought that they "could have happened". A team winning the SON without "winning" a race (even though they score the most points - which is the objective) is unlikely, but yes, it COULD happen. However, a rider becoming World Champion without winning a race is NEVER going to happen, even though it is possible.

Let's not worry about low probability occurances. Let's consider something that has already taken place not so many years ago.

The rules say that SON champions are the team that "win" the final race on day 2. Let's, for the moment, disregard how the two teams got there, but the GB no.1 wins that race beating those pesky ruskies into 2nd and 3rd. Then, to the surprise of our companion, who is unfamiliar with the workings of world speedway, the Russian Team are declared the SON Champions.

Stop me when you get a sense of déjà vu.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Let's not worry about low probability occurances. Let's consider something that has already taken place not so many years ago.

The rules say that SON champions are the team that "win" the final race on day 2. Let's, for the moment, disregard how the two teams got there, but the GB no.1 wins that race beating those pesky ruskies into 2nd and 3rd. Then, to the surprise of our companion, who is unfamiliar with the workings of world speedway, the Russian Team are declared the SON Champions.

Stop me when you get a sense of déjà vu.

I don't worry about low probability occurrences. I just get annoyed when people claim something is flawed because "that" may happen. That's why I cone on and point out that it was always the case. They just dismiss it because it never did...

Thing is, whether you like rules or not, they are are there, and everybody (at least the important ones - the riders) knows them.

Look at the stink after the first GP this year! We all knew the rules, and we all knew the possibilities. Why then, does it cause such a problem when something happens? That's the way it is, so they'd better get used to it.