British Speedway Forum

Just now, chun said:

what happens if it starts but doesn’t finish tonight, eg it’s stopped part way through?  does it re run from the start tomorrow?  or pick up where it left off?

If they reach heat 14 it can be declared a result. If not, past practice is to start again from heat 1. 

Separately, did nobody at BT think of teaching Charlie Webster how to pronounce the names of riders and officials? 

Bewley rode probably the best of all on view on a wet, muddy track the other night so who knows...

The UK lads are more than used to riding in pretty crappy conditions on dodgy surfaces so maybe it will help?

And the younger lads sometimes have less concerns than older more experienced heads when conditions are less than perfect..

Edited by mikebv

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

If they reach heat 14 it can be declared a result. If not, past practice is to start again from heat 1. 

Separately, did nobody at BT think of teaching Charlie Webster how to pronounce the names of riders and officials? 

She also had the wrong racecard line-up for tonight- which because of the Speedway GP website showing 2 different riding orders several others were wrong as well including Sportowefakty.

Just now, racers and royals said:

She also had the wrong racecard line-up for tonight- which because of the Speedway GP website showing 2 different riding orders several others were wrong as well including Sportowefakty.

I see SF aren't doing live updates of the meeting itself. Perhaps that's part of the reason? I've found the heat details on the SGP website are the same as was announced here a while back for event 2, probably posted by yourself. Poland v Great Britain in heat 1. 

Just now, KeirStarmerFan said:

Jack Holder declined to ride for Team Australia?

What on earth...

and Lemon sounded very p!$$ed about it to (rightly so)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Jack Holder declined to ride for Team Australia?

What on earth...

He would not have ridden.  Doyle and recent GP winner Fricke pick themselves

4 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I see SF aren't doing live updates of the meeting itself. Perhaps that's part of the reason? I've found the heat details on the SGP website are the same as was announced here a while back for event 2, probably posted by yourself. Poland v Great Britain in heat 1. 

RACECARDS in SS:neutral:

2 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I think they might change to their normal page before heat 1- I told Phil Morris about BSI`s(speedway GP website) racecard listing cockup for day 2 and he got them to correct it