British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Has there ever been a worse commentary by Pearson than tonight’s?

Not really Workington comets got several mentions :t:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We have Bewley, a second string at best, and Lambert, tonight a bottler. How we have fallen from years past.

I thought you had some idea about Speedway obviously not

• Like 3

I'm hanging onto my nss ticket hoping they see sense and move the date. If they announce October officially il get the refund. October in Manchester isn't for me

I quite enjoyed the anticipation of unpredictability tonight. Birkermose looked good, as did Zmarzlik and Lindgren. Shame Kemp didn't get a ride. 

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

(...) he has just won Russia the world cup.

You call it "cup"... and I call it CRAP.

Bring back Daily Mirror Tournament of 1973...then we can talk about CUP...if not that then a minimum of 5 riders from each competing nation...and if not even that, ten four riders as we used to have few years back...two ridewrs don't make a team... its a pair and I don't have argument with this. So don't call "cup", don't call it SoN, byt call what it is..Pairs Championship

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Zmarzlik may be world champion but Emil is the best rider.

Leszno Gold

World Cup Champion

Here he goes again...If Emil is the best rider then he had opportunity to prove in eight GP rounds.

...and please, don't call it "cup", because it isn't.

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

If the SoN was designed to stop Poland constantly winning the SWC can we now have it back to stop the Russians?                        Please? 

I like it, I like it...:t:

8 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I quite enjoyed the anticipation of unpredictability tonight. Birkermose looked good, as did Zmarzlik and Lindgren. Shame Kemp didn't get a ride.

He did according to Pearson!

7 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

You call it "cup"... and I call it CRAP.

Bring back Daily Mirror Tournament of 1973...then we can talk about CUP...if not that then a minimum of 5 riders from each competing nation...and if not even that, ten four riders as we used to have few years back...two ridewrs don't make a team... its a pair and I don't have argument with this. So don't call "cup", don't call it SoN, byt call what it is..Pairs Championship

That wouldn't have changed the result.

Russia could have used Grigory Laguta and Vadim Tarasenko who are two top riders.

You just have to accept that this era belongs to Russia, they have the best speedway riders and are world champions.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ceislaks ego cost Poland. Thought he was bigger than what was right for his nation. 

...and this is the first ( and perhaps last) time that I agree with Steve Shovlar.

There are better riders in Poland than Wozniak, but because Janowski and Pawlicki last year had doctor's certificate to prove that they were not feeling well enough to represent Poland in

a "mickey mouse'" international, he rejected them this year Poland's representatives in a FIM event. Shame.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOPEFULLY that will change 

I wish I was not a speedway supporter sometimes.

Tonight was one of those those times.

Nothing about this weekend or the SON will ever redeem things.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marksman said:

So Australia rode their 4 heats against the teams who finished in the top 4,  Russia, Poland, Denmark and Sweden.. If they'd got to ride against GB and the Czechs they would of been making the top 3 easily, just shows how ridiculous calling a meeting part-way through is. Mark Lemon was quite right to be a bit pissed off!

But thats a very basic rule in speedway, after 50% of the meeting the results can be declared. Sometimes it goes your way, more often it dont.