British Speedway Forum

Just now, Grand Central said:

I wish I was not a speedway supporter sometimes.

Tonight was one of those those times.

Noting about this weekend or the SON will ever redeem things.

Speedway has changed and you either embrace that future or you walk away from it

It was and is an insular sport and that insular state is choking the sport to death  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Speedway has changed and you either embrace that future or you walk away from it

It was and is an insular sport and that insular state is choking the sport to death  

I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Thankfully.

Edited by Grand Central

3 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Thankfully

It will come to you as time goes by 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOPEFULLY that will change 

Hopefully, and with a better choice of when to run it we might well not get the complete farce tonight’s match was.

That meeting was a dreadful advert for the sport and should never have started.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Hopefully, and with a better choice of when to run it we might well not get the complete farce tonight’s match was.

Manchester next October ... So fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO they couldn't ... riders would have to self-isolate if they came to GB

But they could have put it back an extra week:rolleyes:

• Like 1

just caught the last few races of the S.O.N. on BT .if that what speedway is going to tun out like in the future , we are better off without it .  Fake speedway on tv this year  ! thats what uncle donald said ........

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

But they could have put it back an extra week:rolleyes:

WHERE would all the riders, mechanics, etc, self-isolate? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Has there ever been a worse commentary by Pearson than tonight’s?

they were watching it on a screen just like you difficult i would say

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

I thought you had some idea about Speedway obviously not

he has not got a clue :t:

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

But thats a very basic rule in speedway, after 50% of the meeting the results can be declared. Sometimes it goes your way, more often it dont.

But that's not what happened. The SON finals are designed to run over 42 heats plus a semi final and a final. So 14 heats does not in any way represent 50% of "the meeting". Actually it's less than a third.
So we are left with an empty sense of being short changed. And that's before we even consider the quality of racing (for the most part) on such a wet circuit.
Oh, and when did rain make a circuit bumpy? I can accept that the surface might become uneven following some racing. But those bumps were there from the start of the "practice session".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bruno said:

I'm hanging onto my nss ticket hoping they see sense and move the date. If they announce October officially il get the refund. October in Manchester isn't for me

If I read the E-mail from them correctly you only have to the end of October to tell them if you want a refund.Check it out( I maybe misread it)

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

But thats a very basic rule in speedway, after 50% of the meeting the results can be declared. Sometimes it goes your way, more often it dont.

I maybe in the minority here ,but while what I was watching was more of a farce than speedway,I did not see the point of not finishing the meeting as the riders were getting round the same way as they had been getting round all night slow and steady, they were not having that much difficulty due to their experience.Bewley and Lindgrens overslid,although the outcome could have been worse in Lindgrens case It could have been worse.Either that or the Meeting should not have started.It was not Speedway though,imagine if the Stadium had been full,the fans would have been well cheated again.Was there any point in running this Championship this year after calling off in Manchester.Typical Speedway Promotion IMo.

2 hours ago, bruno said:

I'm hanging onto my nss ticket hoping they see sense and move the date. If they announce October officially il get the refund. October in Manchester isn't for me

Bruno, what's the difference between October in Manchester next year and October in Manchester this year? You did buy a ticket for this year's event.

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If I read the E-mail from them correctly you only have to the end of October to tell them if you want a refund.Check it out( I maybe misread it)

Fromafar: I seem to recall that the initial refund period does run till the end October. But there is to be another 30 day refund period once the rearranged date is announced.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHERE would all the riders, mechanics, etc, self-isolate? 

WHY are you still asking about this?

Elite sports people and their support team do NOT have to self isolate in the UK.

• Like 2