British Speedway Forum

Just now, False dawn said:

Bruno, what's the difference between October in Manchester next year and October in Manchester this year? You did buy a ticket for this year's event.

Fromafar: I seem to recall that the initial refund period does run till the end October. But there is to be another 30 day refund period once the rearranged date is announced.

Thanks, that’s clears that up.I couldn’t remember it for sure.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOPEFULLY that will change 

Heard rumors that it will be early December... :rofl:

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

Heard rumors that it will be early December... :rofl:

In Adelaide

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

In Adelaide

Don't give 'em any ideas..  :nono:

If this was at an indoor track, we would'nae have a problem!!!

I'll get me coat...

36 minutes ago, chunky said:

If this was at an indoor track, we would'nae have a problem!!!

I'll get me coat...

Indoor like the ones they did in the 80s on concrete? 
SoN on a tiny concrete oval....That's the sort of thing that Castagna would probably sign up to :rofl:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, False dawn said:

But that's not what happened. The SON finals are designed to run over 42 heats plus a semi final and a final. So 14 heats does not in any way represent 50% of "the meeting". Actually it's less than a third.
So we are left with an empty sense of being short changed. And that's before we even consider the quality of racing (for the most part) on such a wet circuit.
Oh, and when did rain make a circuit bumpy? I can accept that the surface might become uneven following some racing. But those bumps were there from the start of the "practice session".

I get the point of 42 heats promised. I might be wrong, but didnt this meeting change to 21 heats after friday was cancelled?

Racing was rubbish, it aometimes is.

Regarding the ”forced” running of it on the saturday, I can only think of better tv figures for a reason. I for one turned off, but had the rain stopped, the last half could have been the best ever...

7 hours ago, False dawn said:

Bruno, what's the difference between October in Manchester next year and October in Manchester this year? You did buy a ticket for this year's event.

Fromafar: I seem to recall that the initial refund period does run till the end October. But there is to be another 30 day refund period once the rearranged date is announced.

When I bought my original ticket it was supposed to be in May

I suppose watching last night made me think of getting a refund but if it had been at the nss it could have been a great meeting. Bit nippy I suppose but weather was ok over here. Not sure what to do

7 minutes ago, bruno said:

I suppose watching last night made me think of getting a refund but if it had been at the nss it could have been a great meeting. Bit nippy I suppose but weather was ok over here. Not sure what to do

I finally received my email and will be going for a refund. 

I found last night very un-satisfactory as the meeting should never have started, especially with track conditions at the start of heat one and with little prospect of getting the meeting completed. You have to feel for Australia who had to face the top nations in their opening rides but didn't get the chance to race the weaker nations, Team GB and the Czech`s, had they done there would've every chance of challenging for a top three spot. 

The guys I really feel sorry for are those who hired cherry pickers to view the meeting, those things aren't cheap to hire. Poor guys only saw half a meeting and got a soaking for their troubles.

9 hours ago, HenryW said:

WHY are you still asking about this?

Elite sports people and their support team do NOT have to self isolate in the UK.

VISTING crickets teams (Pakistan, West Indies men and women and Australia) did... 

1 hour ago, screm said:

I found last night very un-satisfactory as the meeting should never have started, especially with track conditions at the start of heat one and with little prospect of getting the meeting completed. You have to feel for Australia who had to face the top nations in their opening rides but didn't get the chance to race the weaker nations, Team GB and the Czech`s, had they done there would've every chance of challenging for a top three spot. 

The guys I really feel sorry for are those who hired cherry pickers to view the meeting, those things aren't cheap to hire. Poor guys only saw half a meeting and got a soaking for their troubles.

Team GB weren’t riding - Great Britain took their place ;)