British Speedway Forum

Do u think the holder boys wanted to ride together and threw the dummy out when they couldnt, or perhaps no brown envelopes involved?

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Because he isn’t good enough. Other than possibly Ellis and Wright I don’t think any of our senior riders are. 

We have a really good crop of juniors at the moment, time to grasp the nettle and put all our efforts into developing them rather than wasting our time on older riders who will never make the grade. 

Steve Worrall (as are many others) is better than Kemp, whether he was asked I don't know, but Kemp could easily be in the same position as Steve Worrall in a few years. Test Matches are for sorting the wheat from the chaff not world championship events

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Because he isn’t good enough. Other than possibly Ellis and Wright I don’t think any of our senior riders are. 

We have a really good crop of juniors at the moment, time to grasp the nettle and put all our efforts into developing them rather than wasting our time on older riders who will never make the grade. 

Our juniors may be promising but let’s be honest they are miles behind in World junior terms.Whether they will get opportunities in right Competitions and leagues remains to be seen.Ive seen at least a dozen young Poles who are already in a different league.The excuse that they would not do well in GB though ,doesn’t mean much in  the World Speedway these days.

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Steve Worrall (as are many others) is better than Kemp, whether he was asked I don't know, but Kemp could easily be in the same position as Steve Worrall in a few years. Test Matches are for sorting the wheat from the chaff not world championship events

But the point is once Tai was injured our chances were gone.....rather than take Worrall, Harris, Cook etc which is a waste of time why not give a promising youngster a better chance of fulfilling his potential by exposing him to a top class environment and giving him some valuable experience? Kemp or Palin might not make the grade eventually but there is a chance they will soon Althea absence of a third senior rider who is good enough it’s far more sensible to plan ahead. 

5 hours ago, bruno said:

When I bought my original ticket it was supposed to be in May

ARE you sure ... thought the Manchester date was always October.

• Sad 1

Let’s face it Bewley is by far our bestU/21 ,look a his performances in Poland this year, the young Brits have along way to go.Kemp is certainly our best prospect IMO.

10 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ARE you sure ... thought the Manchester date was always October.

It was originally 8/9th May in Manchester ,I had tickets.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It was originally 7/8th May in Manchester ,I had tickets.

FAIR enough ... cannot remember that far back:neutral:

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FAIR enough ... cannot remember that far back:neutral:

Hope you have not been breaking the 10pm drinking curfew:D

Yeah, it was originally in May, on the Bank Holiday Friday (75th anniversary of D-Day) and Saturday.

A summer date is a much more sensible date for the event next year.  For starters, it's much more likely that a crowd will be allowed in the summer than October.

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Hope you have not been breaking the 10pm drinking curfew:D

DOESN'T apply to knocking a few back indoors:drink:

58 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But the point is once Tai was injured our chances were gone.....rather than take Worrall, Harris, Cook etc which is a waste of time why not give a promising youngster a better chance of fulfilling his potential by exposing him to a top class environment and giving him some valuable experience? Kemp or Palin might not make the grade eventually but there is a chance they will soon Althea absence of a third senior rider who is good enough it’s far more sensible to plan ahead. 

Time for the likes of Steve Worrall to step up to the plate then, but he'll never get the chance with the current regime, just like Kemp, if he's not world class in 3 years time he'll be on the scrap heap and the next future world champion will be given the experience

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Time for the likes of Steve Worrall to step up to the plate then, but he'll never get the chance with the current regime, just like Kemp, if he's not world class in 3 years time he'll be on the scrap heap and the next future world champion will be given the experience

Drew Kemp is eighteen, he won’t be ‘on the scrap heap’ at twenty one unless he doesn’t progress at all. You’ll have to explain to me why Steve Worrall would warrant a place or why you think he can make the grade internationally as I just don’t see it. 

Its also worth mentioning Anders Rowe who has based himself in Poland this year and hit himself some wonderful experience riding over there, something nowhere near enough Brits have done over the years although they can’t be blamed for making good money doubling up in the UK. 

• Like 3