British Speedway Forum

It is, I think an important point that the airlines will be in chaos once this all ends, some might not even exist. And of course it will probably get back to something like normality in one country before another. So riders jetting around from one country to another isn't going to happen anytime soon. Let alone fans. International speedway is going to take a big bashing this year

Have i missed something or have the GP/SON governing bodies not made any announcement at all during this time.... 

How can they even consider running speedway at this time or until the 1st June at the earliest...

They need to make an announcement to stop uncertainty at this difficult time 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psycho3a said:

Have i missed something or have the GP/SON governing bodies not made any announcement at all during this time.... 

How can they even consider running speedway at this time or until the 1st June at the earliest...

They need to make an announcement to stop uncertainty at this difficult time 

Nothing definite ,they seem to be waiting in hope.! (No hope)

In some regions in Germany they have already extended the 'no events' measure till the middle of June.

19 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

In some regions in Germany they have already extended the 'no events' measure till the middle of June.

In a sense it doesn't matter what 'some regions' have done. We are talking about speedway here and in a lot of regions they don't have speedway :rofl:

The things that matters is the hardline region who are leading the way with strict rules is Bavaria........at least for this thread that has some relevance. Plus you not only have to have the ban lifted, you also have to have the borders re-opened. Especially considering Italy and France are due to ride here. Two countries badly hit by this virus......

Edited by iris123

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

In a sense it doesn't matter what 'some regions' have done. We are talking about speedway here and in a lot of regions they don't have speedway :rofl:

The things that matters is the hardline region who are leading the way with strict rules is Bavaria........at least for this thread that has some relevance. Plus you not only have to have the ban lifted, you also have to have the borders re-opened. Especially considering Italy and France are due to ride here. Two countries badly hit by this virus......

Hence my original question WHY haven't the speedway authorities that run the GP'S and SON made and announcement suspending the opening few GP's & SON.

Formula one has cancelled or postponed the first 7, BSB has postponed the series until further notice, World SBKS on hold..... 

I dont understand why there has been silence from speedway !!

1 minute ago, psycho3a said:

Hence my original question WHY haven't the speedway authorities that run the GP'S and SON made and announcement suspending the opening few GP's & SON.

Formula one has cancelled or postponed the first 7, BSB has postponed the series until further notice, World SBKS on hold..... 

I dont understand why there has been silence from speedway !!

Taking  a wild guess, it is down to the money, if you look at other sports, it is the athletes in a lot of cases that have forced the hand of the authorities. Lewis Hamilton kicking up a fuss. Football clubs kicking up a fuss with players not wanting to play in some countries eventually forced the hand of EUFA and local leagues. Now athletes as individuals are saying they won't compete at the Olympics and slowly governing bodies and now Canada as a country are trying to push the IOC ino making the right decision......

But on this occasion riders do not need to push , its the 

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Taking  a wild guess, it is down to the money, if you look at other sports, it is the athletes in a lot of cases that have forced the hand of the authorities. Lewis Hamilton kicking up a fuss. Football clubs kicking up a fuss with players not wanting to play in some countries eventually forced the hand of EUFA and local leagues. Now athletes as individuals are saying they won't compete at the Olympics and slowly governing bodies and now Canada as a country are trying to push the IOC ino making the right decision......

But on this occasion the riders do not have to push to stop it, Borders are closed, flights are grounded, countries in lock-down , no mass gatherings, HOW can speedway continue ??

2 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

But on this occasion riders do not need to push , its the 

But on this occasion the riders do not have to push to stop it, Borders are closed, flights are grounded, countries in lock-down , no mass gatherings, HOW can speedway continue ??

Well it is obviously not going to happen on the dates released. It is just a matter of whether it will happen at all, where and when- I guess atm the FIM can't answer any of those questions

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

if you look at other sports, it is the athletes in a lot of cases that have forced the hand of the authorities. Lewis Hamilton kicking up a fuss. Football clubs kicking up a fuss with players not wanting to play in some countries eventually forced the hand of EUFA and local leagues. 

all on lovely big money contracts, speedway riders race to earn

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

all on lovely big money contracts, speedway riders race to earn

Maybe needs a re-think then on the crowds they attract nowadays ?

Not everyone can earn when only hundreds are coming through the gate.....

Edited by iris123

I just had email saying it was postponed.  Are tickets going to be automatically refunded?