British Speedway Forum

For those of you wanting to see a bit of SoN speedway, the opening round of he 2018 competition from Germany is on BT Sport 2 now, with the second round from Belle Vue on at 6-30pm. 

Daugavpils cancelled just Belle Vue

The German federation has decided to pull its national team from the competition, resulting in the 2019 8th place team, the Czech Republic, taking their place. The remaining line up will consist of Russia, Poland, Australia, Denmark, Sweden & Great Britain.

If crowds are back in October can this go ahead with 25% or 50% capacity, how will this work with those who have already got tickets?

8 minutes ago, eric i said:

If crowds are back in October can this go ahead with 25% or 50% capacity, how will this work with those who have already got tickets?

I've just had a look, the grandstand is full.  There will be some disappointed people as that won't work.  

Can only think it will be refunds to those who can't travel,  an offer of swapping to the back straight and then a ballot.   Or they could do what Wroclaw did by starting again.    That would be easiest in some ways.

I feel that SON will be moved to Poland this year anyway and back to belle vue next year

• Like 2

I was looking at this today, Someone will correct me if im incorrect but the stadium capacity is 3700, im sure there will be no temporary stands being put in so my guess is the attendance will be potentially under a thousand, im guessing BSI will take a fair chunk of tickets for sponsors, each federation will be given a number of tickets allocated so what we left with 500 general admission tickets for the paying public ??

That is now a nightmare for the UK promotion and how they going to arrange this is not going to help the UK public.

31 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

I was looking at this today, Someone will correct me if im incorrect but the stadium capacity is 3700, im sure there will be no temporary stands being put in so my guess is the attendance will be potentially under a thousand, im guessing BSI will take a fair chunk of tickets for sponsors, each federation will be given a number of tickets allocated so what we left with 500 general admission tickets for the paying public ??

That is now a nightmare for the UK promotion and how they going to arrange this is not going to help the UK public.

which is exactly why I think it will be moved to Poland and brought back to Manchester 2021

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

which is exactly why I think it will be moved to Poland and brought back to Manchester 2021

Although the ridiculous thing is tickets are still on sale... Ive took a gamble and purchased 4, you never know i may get lucky !

Wherever it is staged, Britain are looking good with Tai and Robert L --- but who will be the third rider?

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

BSI are working on the assumption that it will be behind closed doors. If Government regulations change and allow a limited audience then perhaps they will go along that road.

10 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BSI are working on the assumption that it will be behind closed doors. If Government regulations change and allow a limited audience then perhaps they will go along that road.

All very well but if limited crowd who would gain access?

16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

And what happens if government regulations change and put a stop to people from certain countries entering again. Or allow them to enter, but have to go into self isolation ? Is there a plan b ?

14 minutes ago, iris123 said:

And what happens if government regulations change and put a stop to people from certain countries entering again. Or allow them to enter, but have to go into self isolation ? Is there a plan b ?

What U think, is there?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

What U think, is there?

It looks like we are almost back to the beginning again......I know the German government said months back that people shouldn't travel because they weren't going to bring them all back like they had to in the Spring. Now we have the UK/Spain situation

https://www.bbc.com/news/53595962

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It looks like we are almost back to the beginning again......I know the German government said months back that people shouldn't travel because they weren't going to bring them all back like they had to in the Spring. Now we have the UK/Spain situation

https://www.bbc.com/news/53595962

Without knowing, I think BSI is under contract to stage these meetings. They need to try, something or whatever.

I for one am pretty bummed that the GP’s were taken away from them. Cant see it getting better. Hope I’m wrong.