British Speedway Forum

Got to make sense to run in Poland this year and have it at nss next year with tickets being valid

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bruno said:

Got to make sense to run in Poland this year and have it at nss next year with tickets being valid

unfortunately, i have to agree with this

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Does that mean a refund of Ticket money then?.

Probably rolled over till next year !! Same as my Cardiff and Warsaw GP tickets, looks like a busy 2021 if this virus does one !! 

23 minutes ago, Neila said:

Probably rolled over till next year !! Same as my Cardiff and Warsaw GP tickets, looks like a busy 2021 if this virus does one !! 

That will not suit everybody, will refund be an option if it does not go ahead with spectators.

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THEY could run with all British officials but, of course, the riders are a different kettle of fish although surely the F1 meetings at Silverstone have set a precedent with no restrictions on the drivers.

F1 has been classified as "Elite" though... Speedway (Domestic at least) has not.

12 hours ago, bruno said:

It makes me smile when people say Do whatever it is next year... unfortunately there's no guarantee that we'll be in any different situation by this time next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Any news whether this will go ahead at Belle Vue with a full Stadium.

No chance of a full stadium as matters stand now.  Trials are being run in September in many sports like cricket and football but with distancing rules.

Ipswich hoping to host a British Final in late September as part of that experiment. 

What’s the official capacity of the NSS , four or five thousand ?

probably two thousand tickets sold already ?

6 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

It’s about 7-8 thousand IMO.The stand was sold out which is about 3 thousand at least.!

Edited by Fromafar

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s about 7-8 thousand IMO.The stand was sold out which is about 3 thousand at least.!

Cheers .

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Seem to remember it's between 3000 to 3500...

The capacity is just under 1800 in the Grandstand and (I think), now 1200, maybe a couple of hundred more, (?) on the back straight..

They reduced the size of the back straight stand a couple of year ago..

Not sure if they planned to build the stand on the third bend that they had for the SWC or use the car park that is there for spectators at ground level..

Edited by mikebv

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Way off on your numbers

Capacity was 9000 with the extra stand for world cup, would think a licensed capacity would be around 5000, but I doubt that that figure has been achieved

Just checked.  Main stand sold out bar a few.  What happens ?