British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Way off on your numbers

Did not realise they reduced back strait,I know when I was at WTC it was nearly full and it was 8-9 thousand.Know that main stand is sold out for this  years SON although my numbers seem to be excessive for its capacity.Its hard to figure how they will get round the problem of social distancing, when the Grandstand is already sold out.! unless they run without fans.

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Did not realise they reduced back strait,I know when I was at WTC it was nearly full and it was 8-9 thousand.Know that main stand is sold out for this  years SON although my numbers seem to be excessive for its capacity.Its hard to figure how they will get round the problem of social distancing, when the Grandstand is already sold out.! unless they run without fans.

Surely, they've only sold out of a smaller number set to allow for social distancing.

Edited by Grand Central

36 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Surely, they've only sold out of a smaller number set to allow for social distancing.

No.  Stand was sold out for original meeting 

6 hours ago, Grand Central said:

The tickets were on sale long before lockdown.I got mine at thr beginning of the year.! The terms and conditions also stated no refund,in event of postponement,which I think is illegal ,they are valid for reschedule though.

Edited by Fromafar

So even if 50 % capacity crowd was allowed it would be difficult to social distance, looks likely to be behind closed doors.

They are certainly not keen to divulge any information on what is going to happen regarding this meeting if social distancing is required.Very poor media.

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

They can not give any information until it is decided which Polish track it is being raced on.

To be honest not really bothered whether it goes ahead in GB,would prefer my refund for tickets.Their wording doesn’t fill me with hope though.Thats Speedway these days ,fans treated like mushrooms ,fed bullsh#t and kept in the dark.

Edited by Fromafar

According to Wikipedia the National Speedway Stadium capacity is 6500 including temporary stands, 3500 without them. 

Social distancing would reduce those figures massively. 

And people are asking elsewhere on this forum why Foxhall stadium at Ipswich is probably getting the British final in September as a crowd testing event. Simple answer is that these days the 12000 capacity there means more paying customers through the gates than would be possible at Manchester. 

Must admit though that I'd much prefer to have Belle Vue's track than what we actually have at Ipswich for the quality of racing! 

Edited by Super Blue

3 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

They can not give any information until it is decided which Polish track it is being raced on.

IT will be at the NSS with or without spectators

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT will be at the NSS with or without spectators

That’s quite a statement considering the Covid situation and quarantine restrictions in the future.Do you mean if it goes ahead ?

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s quite a statement considering the Covid situation and quarantine restrictions in the future.Do you mean if it goes ahead ?

OF course Covid could change things. But with small attendances being allowed at sporting events at this moment in time it will be NSS.

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

OF course Covid could change things. But with small attendances being allowed at sporting events at this moment in time it will be NSS.

Maybe they should explain to the Main Stand ticket holders how this will be implemented.Surely it would be better to Refund ticket money and wait and see the restriction before issuing New Tickets,then the fan know where they stand.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe they should explain to the Main Stand ticket holders how this will be implemented.Surely it would be better to Refund ticket money and wait and see the restriction before issuing New Tickets,then the fan know where they stand.

AGREE

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It would make sense wouldn't it, I have two grandstand tickets, I`d love to know if i will get to use them.

• Like 1