British Speedway Forum

20 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I see some crowds of up to 2k being allowed in football matches this month

2k in what sized stadium?

15 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

2k in what sized stadium?

Two Cambridge united matches , stadium capacity is 8100.

So 25%. Even at that ratio facemasks and social distancing would be required and I not too sure that many speedway spectators on here would be willing to go along with the rules judging by some posts made. That would mean going to empty stadiums just because some clowns don’t want to comply with orders meant to protect others.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

So 25%. Even at that ratio facemasks and social distancing would be required and I not too sure that many speedway spectators on here would be willing to go along with the rules judging by some posts made. That would mean going to empty stadiums just because some clowns don’t want to comply with orders meant to protect others.

I think you are glass half empty.  

On 9/2/2020 at 11:16 PM, Neila said:

Also would assume a lot of tickets sold for back straight standing area, so where will they squeeze in ?

Exactly, like I said 90% of all tickets have been sold, seating and standing. Like Fromafar said only solution would be to refund them all and put limited amount back on sale again. For the Youth meeting on 10 October it is being limited to 20% of capacity. I'm pretty sure wouldn't be allowed any more then 33% of capacity for SoN.

On 9/6/2020 at 5:07 PM, NeilWatson said:

One minute the government is 'concerned' about the number of rising cases, the next it's saying no social distancing is needed in theatres and sports venues. Doesn't seem to know its a**e from its elbow.

For the record, sports stadiums in Queensland have been open to spectators for weeks; albeit with reduced capacity. No face masks required either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

One minute the government is 'concerned' about the number of rising cases, the next it's saying no social distancing is needed in theatres and sports venues. Doesn't seem to know its a**e from its elbow.

For the record, sports stadiums in Queensland have been open to spectators for weeks; albeit with reduced capacity. No face masks required either.

Yup

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ban-on-gatherings-more-than-six-people-coronavirus-uk-social-distancing-a4542491.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Kwf3l-ahm4wcsSFllipH4pPIYZJ0X2Oe50zxh5eA2dv4QUPrsidSwzpI#Echobox=1599560253

If the positive cases continue to rise there is very little chance of seeing any kind of crowd inside the NSS for this event.

Who knows with this government. But I don't see how you can tell people you can only have a gathering of 5 other people, but thousands can sit near each other in a theatre or sports stadium........that seems like an ingredient for riots and disorder

47 minutes ago, screm said:

If the positive cases continue to rise there is very little chance of seeing any kind of crowd inside the NSS for this event.

disagree, crowds are being seen in many sports now and planning goes ahead for Premier league football.    What the Gov are stopping are local outbreaks caused by idiots who can't follow rules.   We've all seen pubs bursting at the seams which is so stupid.    If seats are allocated with distancing, face masks and personal bubbles there will be crowds in stadiums.

Can't see this event going ahead in Manchester unless the organisers aren't fussed about the attendance. SON in Poland this year with a guarantee for Manchester to have it next year? Might make the most sense with potential travel issues too for all riders, with a significant amount currently based in Poland.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Can't see this event going ahead in Manchester unless the organisers aren't fussed about the attendance. SON in Poland this year with a guarantee for Manchester to have it next year? Might make the most sense with potential travel issues too for all riders, with a significant amount currently based in Poland.

Kinda have to agree