Where else could they have held it

Germany?

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GERMANY are not even in it ...withdrew months ago

Perfect then... a neutral venue for once, to determine worthy winners

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

Perfect then... a neutral venue for once, to determine worthy winners

Germany or a German promoter/club are hsrdly going to finance a meeting they aren’t in. Probably no promoter in any country would

• Like 2

Just now, iris123 said:

Germany or a German promoter/club are hsrdly going to finance a meeting they aren’t in. Probably no promoter in any country would

I doubt Lublin are financing the meeting either, nobody knows the financing arrangements but I would suspect BSI/IMG are underwriting the event in order to fulfil TV contracts as they probably have with the GP series playing to less than half full houses. So why not hold it in a neutral country? How many fans are being let into sporting events in Germany?

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

I doubt Lublin are financing the meeting either, nobody knows the financing arrangements but I would suspect BSI/IMG are underwriting the event in order to fulfil TV contracts as they probably have with the GP series playing to less than half full houses. So why not hold it in a neutral country? How many fans are being let into sporting events in Germany?

Why are you asking? Its in Lublin, virtually all of the riders are in Poland, there is quarantine restrictions everywhere, its not advantagous for the Poles. The Brits, Russians, Danes, Swedes, Aussies all ride in the same league as Lublin

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

Think 1,000 for Güstrow Euro U19 meeting and 500 for Brokstedt junior meeting yesterday

Edited by iris123
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why are you asking? Its in Lublin, virtually all of the riders are in Poland, there is quarantine restrictions everywhere, its not advantagous for the Poles. The Brits, Russians, Danes, Swedes, Aussies all ride in the same league as Lublin

I'm answering PHILRISING's question of where else it could have been held and I offered Germany as an alternative, as far as I know there are no travel restrictions, they are letting crowds into football events, it's just over the border from Poland and it's a neutral venue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Chugunov can’t represent Russia surely

Have to agree. Cannot be Polish to race at reserve all season in Poland and change to Russian at the end of season to race in SON (must be illegible or would have thought he would be in the world U21's) 

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

RATHER than the two guys won have won it twice ...

Might be a thought though (Laguta was 6th in the averages and I think it's the only meeting so far this season that Emil hasn't won at least 1 race (at Lublin)).

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Chugunov can’t represent Russia surely

not so sure about that !

Chugunov has not given up his Russian nationality, he has dual-nationality now, holding two passports now, a Russian and a Polish one. Same as Emil Sayfutdinov and same as Artem Laguta ! And those two still ride for Russia ! 

Chugunov has so far not been chosen to represent any Polish national team. So why on earth would he not be eligible to carry on riding for his homeland Russia in the SoN ???

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

not so sure about that !

Chugunov has not given up his Russian nationality, he has dual-nationality now, holding two passports now, a Russian and a Polish one. Same as Emil Sayfutdinov and same as Artem Laguta ! And those two still ride for Russia ! 

Chugunov has so far not been chosen to represent any Polish national team. So why on earth would he not be eligible to carry on riding for his homeland Russia in the SoN ???

I believe he's riding on a Polish licence this year to allow him into the league as a reserve. Does his licence status determine which country he can ride for rather than how many passports he has?

Giving that the Government have added Poland to the quarantine list from Saturday the seeing any SON at our NSS is a non-starter, so for the reasons already highlighted it makes all kinds of sense to stage this years event in Poland.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bavarian said:

not so sure about that !

But he has already ridden for Russia, got a gold medal or is it two. 
I have a problem with sports people changing “nationality” as a matter of convenience. To dodge between one and the other is pushing too much IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

But he has already ridden for Russia, got a gold medal or is it two. 
I have a problem with sports people changing “nationality” as a matter of convenience. To dodge between one and the other is pushing too much IMO.

Seems similar to the young Trofimov who recently won a gold medal for Poland, having been a Ukrainian before. But it depends on the sport. Some have an automatic pause of I think 3 years when you represent one country and change to another. But basically it seems to be rife

4 hours ago, Bavarian said:

not so sure about that !

In the 2 SGP rounds at Wroclaw he was announced as representing Poland