British Speedway Forum

As some one in sport once said " you cannot be serious". Bomber Harris has long had his day and is far away from international level. Any Youngster in with Lambert & Bewley.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Tai wasn't really though was he? He wasnt a top rider in Poland, he was a rank outsider who was almost universally tipped to finish last...

I thought that was during his first stint in the GP's? It's too long ago, I can't remember :blush:

38 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Tai wasn't really though was he? He wasnt a top rider in Poland, he was a rank outsider who was almost universally tipped to finish last...

Tai finished the 2012 UK season with an 8.80 GSA top of the Wolverhampton averages, so he was certainly knocking on the door of a GP place

41 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

As some one in sport once said " you cannot be serious". Bomber Harris has long had his day and is far away from international level. Any Youngster in with Lambert & Bewley.

Got to go for Cook and see if he wants the gig.

A big ask though given hardly any prep or testing time and would you want to risk your (still brand new) kit for just one meeting?

Failing that then I would ask the 'best gater' the UK has, whoever that is?, who has ridden already, and hope for some fast starts.. 

Passing is always a premium at the highest level so trying not to run too many lasts will be the objective..

Lambert will win enough I would think for us to remain there or thereabouts so his partner will need to avoid being fourth too often to make those victories count..

• Like 1

Squads announced on SGP website. Palin and Kemp in the squad with Woffinden, Lambert and Bewley. 

Glad GB have gone along the root of including the kids but maybe we will see Woffinden after all as he is named? Seems bizarre that it was confirmed he was out this morning but is included. Good experience for Kemp and Palin anyway. If Woffinden is out, do we expect Tom Brennan to join the pair? Or Anders Rowe?

AUSTRALIA:
1. Jason Doyle
2. Max Fricke
3. Rohan Tungate
4. Jaimon Lidsey (U21)
5. Keynan Rew (U21)
Team Manager: Mark Lemon

CZECH REPUBLIC:
1. Eduard Krcmar
2. Vaclav Milik
3. Josef Franc
4. Jan Kvech (U21)
5. Petr Chlupac (U21)
Team Manager: Filip Sitera

DENMARK:
1. Leon Madsen
2. Anders Thomsen
3. Mikkel Michelsen
4. Marcus Birkemose (U21)
5. Mads Hansen (U21)
Team Manager: Hans Nielsen

GREAT BRITAIN:
1. Tai Woffinden
2. Robert Lambert
3. Jordan Palin
4. Daniel Bewley (U21)
5. Drew Kemp (U21)
Team Manager: Simon Stead

POLAND:
1. Bartosz Zmarzlik
2. Szymon Wozniak
3. Bartosz Smektala
4. Dominik Kubera (U21)
5. Jakub Miskowiak (U21)
Team Manager: Marek Cieslak

RUSSIA:
1. Emil Sayfutdinov
2. Artem Laguta
3. No rider
4. Evgenii Saidullin (U21)
5. No rider
Team Manager: Oleg Kurguskin

SWEDEN:
1. Fredrik Lindgren
2. Oliver Berntzon
3. Pontus Aspgren
4. Alexander Woentin (U21)
5. Philip Hellstrom-Bangs (U21)
Team Manager: Morgan Andersson

• Thanks 1

Now confirmed by GB speedway that Woffinden is out so I presume they go with those four riders and give opportunities to Palin one night and Kemp the other?

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

Yeah, I remember at the time (and this isn't meant as a dig as such, I don't think anyone thought he'd win it) that he should be sponsored by Audi (OOOO)......... 

This has got to be a joke pick for GB hasn't it?? 

We're f*****

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

This has got to be a joke pick for GB hasn't it?? 

We're f*****

The second one of Tai or Lambert is ruled out we have no chance of winning. Glad we’ve given riders who can use the experience a chance rather than Cook or Bomber who will be outclassed anyway. 

• Like 2

Why do the polish authorities continue to allow Cieslak to play favourites, just because he's fallen out with Magic and Pawlicki... he should be the bigger man and put the team first and keep his childish squabbles private!

As much as I admire the way Poland has brought on so mucH young talent, the named squad is a disgrace from Poland.

GB obviously taking it as  a ride out for the youngsters and give them experience.

A bit of a farce rally

6 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

As much as I admire the way Poland has brought on so mucH young talent, the named squad is a disgrace from Poland.

GB obviously taking it as  a ride out for the youngsters and give them experience.

A bit of a farce rally

So who do you think Poland should have named ? bearing in mind they couldn`t pick Janowski and Piotr Pawlicki.

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

So who do you think Poland should have named ? bearing in mind they couldn`t pick Janowski and Piotr Pawlicki.

Try Kasprzak,  in next years SGP , Maxim Drabik for startes