British Speedway Forum

Hotel and tixs booked, 65 quid for 2 nights racing i reckon is decent value! Hope theres no SGBChamp racing that Friday

24 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Hotel and tixs booked, 65 quid for 2 nights racing i reckon is decent value! Hope theres no SGBChamp racing that Friday

I would be surprised if there is any speedway up against the SON.

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

£35 ticket for 2 meetings and approx 40 races is a bargain 

Is it £35 per ticket/meeting=£70.?

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That will be £35 for standing on the back straight for one person for the two nights racing ie £17.50 per meeting, but looks like you can only buy tickets for the two meetings.  If you stand at either end of the back straight you are coming out of turn 2 or going into turn 3.
Most expensive is £80 for the two meetings and that is grand stand seats in the section at the start line for both nights.       
There are two other options in the grandstand, £65 and £60.  The £65 for the sections either side of the £80 start line section, and £60 for the sections at each end of the grandstand - meaning going into first bend and coming out of last corner.

There is a link on page 3 of this thread that shows the seating/pricing plan. Looks like only 16 seats at this point in time time left in the £80 centre section of the grandstand, and some of those are single seats..  Plenty seats left in the £65 and £60 sections, but could be majority if not all of those will be gone quickly.  I would imagine the sale of tickets has opened up in all countries at same time, so Polish fans etc will be buying.

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I made the mistake yesterday of thinking you could only buy tickets on a day to day bases, then it was pointed out that the prices cover both days which IMO makes them very good value. I bought grandstand tickets and when you pick the print at home option both days tickets are there. Looking at the availability this morning there`s quite a few tickets gone already with the centre section is just about gone but there is still tickets there for the other seated sections.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

I guessing at £50 for the 2 day event in the temp 3/4 bend yet to be released. though the track it raceable when wet temp stand does not cover spectators. But its going to be sunny.... thnk positively.i

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

That will be £35 for standing on the back straight for one person for the two nights racing ie £17.50 per meeting, but looks like you can only buy tickets for the two meetings.  If you stand at either end of the back straight you are coming out of turn 2 or going into turn 3.
Most expensive is £80 for the two meetings and that is grand stand seats in the section at the start line for both nights.       
There are two other options in the grandstand, £65 and £60.  The £65 for the sections either side of the £80 start line section, and £60 for the sections at each end of the grandstand - meaning going into first bend and coming out of last corner.

There is a link on page 3 of this thread that shows the seating/pricing plan. Looks like only 16 seats at this point in time time left in the £80 centre section of the grandstand, and some of those are single seats..  Plenty seats left in the £65 and £60 sections, but could be majority if not all of those will be gone quickly.  I would imagine the sale of tickets has opened up in all countries at same time, so Polish fans etc will be buying.

Thanks

I'm not going to miss this. Will be my first speedway race after being a devoted fan on youtube etc. for the last seven years. Also my first trip to Europe. I would appreciate any advice on where to sit (going that far for a race I'm not going to worry about cost of seating) and hotel accommodations. Transportation etc. Really very excited about this! Looking forward to any recommendations.

• Like 2

Where to sit, at the moment it’s only the grandstand that has seats, the covered area on the back straight is standing only (£35). So depends where you like to be, right on the start gate (£80), jut a bit towards turn 1 (£65), a bit further towards turn1 (£60), or you like just coming off gate 4, or a it nearer the finish (£60 and £65).         
Other then that, it’s wait and see if temporary erection on bend 3/4 (yet to be announced), is seats or standing. In 2016 it was seating.       
I just looked at seating plan, and if I interpreted correctly all grandstand seats at the start gate are sold, and the next section going toward first bend only perhaps 10 seats left. Take a look at the seat plan for yourself, but waiting could see a sell out in the grandstand sooner rather then later.

11 hours ago, New Yorker said:

I'm not going to miss this. Will be my first speedway race after being a devoted fan on youtube etc. for the last seven years. Also my first trip to Europe. I would appreciate any advice on where to sit (going that far for a race I'm not going to worry about cost of seating) and hotel accommodations. Transportation etc. Really very excited about this! Looking forward to any recommendations.

Anywhere in Grandstand is decent viewing ,but as Previous poster states seats are selling pretty fast, wouldn’t hang about if you want seats in Grandstand.

When I logged on yesterday, there were relatively few seats left in the grandstand; the family then decided they wanted to come, so I ended up booking the family ticket, for two adults and two children on the back straight for £85. Even with the booking fee, it still worked out at less than £11 per person for each meeting, which I thought was a bargain.

In due course, I can well imagine that they will release additional standing/seating tickets on the 1st/2nd and/or 3rd/4th bends, as I would imagine that a fairly sizeable proportion of tickets that were made initially made available have already gone.