Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

I'd be very surprised if we saw anything like this in the SON... Especially as Pawlicki isn't even riding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Team riding is dead in fairness. But the thought process is that not finishing last is more important than finishing first in pairs racing and that makes perfect sense. 

There has been plenty of examples in Poland this year where team riding is very much alive. Many times I can think of when Grigori Laguta, Bartosz Zmarzlik (usually with Jack Holder) and Piotr Pawlicki have all team ridden with their partners in great fashion.

Oskar Fajfer is another in Division 1 who is always looking for his team mate. There was a race recently when he was trying to team ride Kevin Fajfer home for a 5-1 before Jonas Jeppeson pipped Kevin on the run to the line, but it was almost perfection from Oskar.

Granted it's not as often you see it anymore, but there is some riders who still absolutely nail it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Najjer said:

There has been plenty of examples in Poland this year where team riding is very much alive. Many times I can think of when Grigori Laguta, Bartosz Zmarzlik (usually with Jack Holder) and Piotr Pawlicki have all team ridden with their partners in great fashion.

Oskar Fajfer is another in Division 1 who is always looking for his team mate. There was a race recently when he was trying to team ride Kevin Fajfer home for a 5-1 before Jonas Jeppeson pipped Kevin on the run to the line, but it was almost perfection from Oskar.

Granted it's not as often you see it anymore, but there is some riders who still absolutely nail it.

It depends what you define as team riding, often commentators on TV say a rider is team riding if they see them so much as glance at their team partner... This for me is not team riding

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, iainb said:

Anything seems to go in Poland though, I think it was Pawlicki that nearly put Zmarzlik through the fence In one race and they were having a big love in down the back straight after the race... In this country they'd be rolling around on the track fighting each other :D

It was,Zmarzlik is a hard charger but he can take it back.Emil gave him a hard thump last week-end and they were having a laugh about it.Emil is the same never seems to get upset at the rough stuff.I really like the Polish racing ,there’s a lot more room for manoeuvre with track width.It’s a different game to the racing in GB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It was,Zmarzlik is a hard charger but he can take it back.Emil gave him a hard thump last week-end and they were having a laugh about it.Emil is the same never seems to get upset at the rough stuff.I really like the Polish racing ,there’s a lot more room for manoeuvre with track width.It’s a different game to the racing in GB.

Me too - The cut back seems to be a thing of the past in this country yet that has to be the most common overtake in Poland. I think the racing and sheer aggression is unrivalled in Poland personally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Najjer said:

There has been plenty of examples in Poland this year where team riding is very much alive. Many times I can think of when Grigori Laguta, Bartosz Zmarzlik (usually with Jack Holder) and Piotr Pawlicki have all team ridden with their partners in great fashion.

Oskar Fajfer is another in Division 1 who is always looking for his team mate. There was a race recently when he was trying to team ride Kevin Fajfer home for a 5-1 before Jonas Jeppeson pipped Kevin on the run to the line, but it was almost perfection from Oskar.

Granted it's not as often you see it anymore, but there is some riders who still absolutely nail it.

Yes and all with 3-2-1-0 scoring ... The absolute bedrock of proper speedway.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 7:39 AM, Ben91 said:

Pairs racing should use the 4-3-2-0 points format as this encourages team riding. Why it isn’t used in the SON is beyond me. The whole two day event coming down to a single final heat is also farcical but the rules are the same for every team entering. Imagine the football World Cup final going to a penalty shoot out every time regardless of the final score of the match though. Stupid right? That’s Speedway. 

My example of why your 4-3-2-0 points format Is flawed is ,imagine Lambert ,Kemp v Emil &Artem,if Lambert gated,you can’t believe that they would make any effort to catch him, they would Just take the points from Kemp,and that’s what would happen in a number of Heats with the weaker teams in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I missing something here?. Why would the Russians settle for  5-4 when they could have 7-2?. Surely the more points increases the chances of winning the title.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JC71 said:

Wasn't it just........ I was even shouting at my laptop :)

I don't think he was team riding at all, just trying not to be passed himself.  The guy in red was always going to win the race and Pawlicki was vulnerable on the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

48 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't think he was team riding at all, just trying not to be passed himself.  The guy in red was always going to win the race and Pawlicki was vulnerable on the outside.

I disagree, Pawlicki could've cleared off on lap 2 bend 3, it was clear to see he was nursing his team mate round, which in turn made him vulnerable, excellent example of team riding imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

My example of why your 4-3-2-0 points format Is flawed is ,imagine Lambert ,Kemp v Emil &Artem,if Lambert gated,you can’t believe that they would make any effort to catch him, they would Just take the points from Kemp,and that’s what would happen in a number of Heats with the weaker teams in them.

That doesn’t make the system flawed, it’s just an example of teams that aren’t evenly matched. That is always going to happen in international meetings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

That doesn’t make the system flawed, it’s just an example of teams that aren’t evenly matched. That is always going to happen in international meetings. 

Maybe the wrong phrase,but it idea of that system won’t help the entertainment factor .IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iainb said:

Anything seems to go in Poland though, I think it was Pawlicki that nearly put Zmarzlik through the fence In one race and they were having a big love in down the back straight after the race... In this country they'd be rolling around on the track fighting each other :D

Now t wrong with a good scrap every now and then lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather forecast not good, showing rain for both days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajr said:

Weather forecast not good, showing rain for both days

Agree.

Meeting should really be moved to Gorzow or Torun, weather is fine in both of those areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy