British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Josh Auty Testimonial New Date 19.03.21

I always used cash. For virtually everything. But in recent years my use of cash has dwindled to virtually nothing. It’s a pain in the arse to have to go and get cash to pay for entry to speedway. In fact it’s ridiculous. I pay for most things nowadays with my iPhone. Hover it over the terminal and done. My daughter pays on her iWatch. Beep. Thank you, done. 

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I always used cash. For virtually everything. But in recent years my use of cash has dwindled to virtually nothing. It’s a pain in the arse to have to go and get cash to pay for entry to speedway. In fact it’s ridiculous. I pay for most things nowadays with my iPhone. Hover it over the terminal and done. My daughter pays on her iWatch. Beep. Thank you, done. 

Trouble is that technology has a habit of crashing...lost count the number of times I've arrived at the tills with my purchases to find that it's cash only because their signal has gone down!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Trouble is that technology has a habit of crashing...lost count the number of times I've arrived at the tills with my purchases to find that it's cash only because their signal has gone down!

it was chaos at Birmingham last year when they "lost their signal", fortunately I had cash on me and got in using that... also some clubs (Leicester!) add a CC surcharge

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

it was chaos at Birmingham last year when they "lost their signal", fortunately I had cash on me and got in using that... also some clubs (Leicester!) add a CC surcharge

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/card-surcharge-ban-means-no-more-nasty-surprises-for-shoppers

Many online purchases like food delivery apps still charge for using a card , 

Edited by scoobydoo