British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Josh Auty Testimonial New Date 19.03.21

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Cash only

Its time the promotion moved with the times. Card readers are plentiful and todays younger generation prefer that option to pay for everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Its time the promotion moved with the times. Card readers are plentiful and todays younger generation prefer that option to pay for everything.

Especially since covid and some people's attitude to handling cash changing. Not a good reflection on speedway that their are tracks without card / contactless payment options. 

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Especially since covid and some people's attitude to handling cash changing. Not a good reflection on speedway that their are tracks without card / contactless payment options. 

Cash payments are easier to hide if any fiddling of the books goes on. Although personally I prefer to pay cash.

Hope the day is a success. But cash only is ridiculous. Over the past year I doubt I have handed over more than £100 in cash. A bit of small change for a car park, but everything is card or Apple Pay today. Who the hell seriously uses cash? 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope the day is a success. But cash only is ridiculous. Over the past year I doubt I have handed over more than £100 in cash. A bit of small change for a car park, but everything is card or Apple Pay today. Who the hell seriously uses cash? 

The Bald Bloke does. Never use a card or that contact less thing. The only time i use my card is for online car/ bike insurance. Never carry one. Always cash. Think i might be in the minority :D

11,956 Caveman Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apologies if this is elsewhere but whats the cost for tonight  

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Apologies if this is elsewhere but whats the cost for tonight  

Admission has been set at

£16 for Adults

£14 for OAP/Students

£5 kids aged between 10-17

and free for under 10's

A Family Ticket for 2x Adults and 2x 10-17year olds £37

• Like 1

Good turn out in what was baltic conditions!! Decent start to the season and there was some good races 

• Like 2

Great to update the first meeting of the season. Douglas has won the meeting with King taking 2nd and Aarnio 3rd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I do, always cash when out, probably most speedway supporters do as let’s face it most supporters are geriatrics avoiding the old folks home including me

• Like 1

Don’t be fooled by March sunshine  it was freezing late on tonight , a good meeting and no incidents or accidents which is pleasing . A good turn out for Josh Auty  and great to smell methanol again ,here’s  wishing all riders a safe and successful season 

• Like 1

Good to see Mr Oystercard had a decent evening judging by his points. Fairplay after coming back from a big GetOff 

19 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Great to update the first meeting of the season. Douglas has won the meeting with King taking 2nd and Aarnio 3rd. 

yeah i heard about it that result very good, but i wish i like to watch it so much!!! i hope they can use this race on YouTube.