British Speedway Forum
cheekycobra

Predictions thread

Most teams are done. Its getting time to start the usual predictions thread. 

;)

Edited by cheekycobra

I think you are jumping to conclusions!

Poole will find the loopholes in the rule book but that is open to every team in the league. As one top stock car driver has on the back of his car "Second place is first loser!" 

I would just remind you what a lot of people said about Ipswich this time last year and about Workington around twelve months earlier. Newcastle may not have the best team on paper but races are won on the dirt not on paper!

EDIT:- I must remember in future to quote what I am answering so that when the original comment is edited it does not make my comment meaningless! Looks like the person who started the thread can't stand by his comments so I won't bother making any further comments on what he says.

Edited by Chris116
cheekycobra editing his original comment!
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I think you are jumping to conclusions!

Poole will find the loopholes in the rule book but that is open to every team in the league. As one top stock car driver has on the back of his car "Second place is first loser!" 

I would just remind you what a lot of people said about Ipswich this time last year and about Workington around twelve months earlier. Newcastle may not have the best team on paper but races are won on the dirt not on paper!

What little dirt there is these days.:P

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I have to admit that there appears to be more dirt thrown around on here than found on most tracks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

hard to say until teams are complete. But how i see the current 10 teams complete. 

Berwick= Solid at home, will struggle away. Solid 3 heat leaders nothing special but solid. 2nd strings are weak and reserves have potential. 

Birmingham= Racers team for sure. Has potential just needs riders to stay fit and not a team of gaters at all. If they come up against anyone who can gate will struggle. 

Eastbourne= similar team to last year. Great signing in Kemp, Odd signing in Brennan. Very similar to berwick solid at home will struggle away. 

Edinburgh= At home they could get 30 points from worrall and masters alone. will be great at home. A lot of pressure on the 2 new boys to start as they will be at 2/4. 

Glasgow= Best rider in the league. Lot of potential in the team but needs riders to get back to the old ways in Wells, Sedge, Ulrich. Will be near the top im sure. 

Kent= Good little team they have put together. Risky in covatti who was protected at somerset. But scotty could guide that team to cup success i reckon. Big risk in Big rob L and gilkees to start. 

Leicester= Best 1-5 in the league. reserves will struggle but if they get any form will be near unbeatable. Start as favourites. Douglas and Perks arent unknowns anymore though.

Redcar= 2nd best 1-5 and probably the best heat leader trio in the league. If stewart can push on then a very very dangerous team. Like the signing of jenkins at the bottom end. 

Scunny= Classic scunny team kinda boring. Need Allen to really kick on this year (for all his success in UK has not delivered what the poles thought he had 3 years ago.) Solid from 1-7 and Palin has no pressure on him at all. 

Somerset= Risky side and a side i expect to change. Bates and Barker you never know what you will get. BWD is on a false high average and im sure it will drop dramatically which could see changes. Zach Cook could be signing on the season in the champ. Need rowe to kick on once again. A team which could easily come together. 

Right now in Ranking order i go. 

1. Leicester 

2. Redcar

3. Glasgow 

4. Somerset 

5. Bham 

6. Edinburgh 

7. Scunny 

8. Kent 

9. Eastbourne 

10. Berwick  

24 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

hard to say until teams are complete. But how i see the current 10 teams complete. 

Berwick= Solid at home, will struggle away. Solid 3 heat leaders nothing special but solid. 2nd strings are weak and reserves have potential. 

Birmingham= Racers team for sure. Has potential just needs riders to stay fit and not a team of gaters at all. If they come up against anyone who can gate will struggle. 

Eastbourne= similar team to last year. Great signing in Kemp, Odd signing in Brennan. Very similar to berwick solid at home will struggle away. 

Edinburgh= At home they could get 30 points from worrall and masters alone. will be great at home. A lot of pressure on the 2 new boys to start as they will be at 2/4. 

Glasgow= Best rider in the league. Lot of potential in the team but needs riders to get back to the old ways in Wells, Sedge, Ulrich. Will be near the top im sure. 

Kent= Good little team they have put together. Risky in covatti who was protected at somerset. But scotty could guide that team to cup success i reckon. Big risk in Big rob L and gilkees to start. 

Leicester= Best 1-5 in the league. reserves will struggle but if they get any form will be near unbeatable. Start as favourites. Douglas and Perks arent unknowns anymore though.

Redcar= 2nd best 1-5 and probably the best heat leader trio in the league. If stewart can push on then a very very dangerous team. Like the signing of jenkins at the bottom end. 

Scunny= Classic scunny team kinda boring. Need Allen to really kick on this year (for all his success in UK has not delivered what the poles thought he had 3 years ago.) Solid from 1-7 and Palin has no pressure on him at all. 

Somerset= Risky side and a side i expect to change. Bates and Barker you never know what you will get. BWD is on a false high average and im sure it will drop dramatically which could see changes. Zach Cook could be signing on the season in the champ. Need rowe to kick on once again. A team which could easily come together. 

Right now in Ranking order i go. 

1. Leicester 

2. Redcar

3. Glasgow 

4. Somerset 

5. Bham 

6. Edinburgh 

7. Scunny 

8. Kent 

9. Eastbourne 

10. Berwick  

Nothing odd about Eastbourne signing Tom Brennan...why ditch a rider who has a big future, especially when he has been nurtured at Arlington. Eastbourne are developing youngsters for the future?

You have to remember this is the Championship where it is not the norm to fly riders in from all parts of Europe, as the Premiership does.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Nothing odd about Eastbourne signing Tom Brennan...why ditch a rider who has a big future, especially when he has been nurtured at Arlington. Eastbourne are developing youngsters for the future?

You have to remember this is the Championship where it is not the norm to fly riders in from all parts of Europe, as the Premiership does.

What about Newcastle? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrP said:

What about Newcastle? 

I said, where it is not the norm, not that it is unknown.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Get in the muck lol

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

A team like Poole would have dropped Brennan, have a good season & improve then lose your team spot!

• Confused 1

When was the last time Newcastle 'flew someone in from all around Europe'? Kenni Larsen strikes me as the last one... Rene Bach and Claes Nedermark too... But not for an awful long time...

1 hour ago, MrP said:

Sorry I meant there were only 10 teams in his list

Thanks, true