British Speedway Forum
cheekycobra

Predictions thread

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

BBC sports personality of the year is NOT Ben Stokes . hopefully ...

DRAT  and double drat . ...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

As I keep trying to point out, Poole fans need to take the temperature of the Championship section of this forum.

A period of quiet reflection, other than on the Poole thread, for Pirates fans is what is needed.

There are many in the Championship who do not welcome Poole's arrival in this division.

Please stop trying to lord it over this division and the supporters of Championship racing.

What a load of rubbish . What are you talking about ? lording it ? hahaha 

Well i for one welcome Poole to the championship ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Poole were relegated- by their own promotion. Just for clarity

For clarity  Eastbourne were relegated from Div 1 to Div3 if that is your reasonin.

However, I suggest you are totally wrong and they did it to survive and cut costs like so many other teams have done in the past to ensure speedway survives.

personally, I would prefer any team did that instead of going out of business.

Looking at the crowds at some tracks with the ever increasing costs including flying riders all over the continent I am surprised if some of the higher league tracks will survive . I sincerely hope they will  but we will see over the next few years.

If the lads can stay injury free, I can see scunny in the top 6 playoffs.... but knowing the luck of the scorpion, an injury free season is very wishful thinking

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

For clarity  Eastbourne were relegated from Div 1 to Div3 if that is your reasonin.

However, I suggest you are totally wrong and they did it to survive and cut costs like so many other teams have done in the past to ensure speedway survives.

personally, I would prefer any team did that instead of going out of business.

Looking at the crowds at some tracks with the ever increasing costs including flying riders all over the continent I am surprised if some of the higher league tracks will survive . I sincerely hope they will  but we will see over the next few years.

Yes, Eastbourne relegated themselves. I have never denied that. It is Poole fans who are behaving as if Poole are still top dogs. All I am saying, is know your place and eat the humble pie.

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, Eastbourne relegated themselves. I have never denied that. It is Poole fans who are behaving as if Poole are still top dogs. All I am saying, is know your place and eat the humble pie.

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

What do you mean I should know my place. Out of interest to you I go to Somerset, Plymouth and sometimes Poole and Swindon. I suggest you do not be so rude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

I didn’t. I gave my fair reflection on the teams. I didn’t say anything about poole or Newcastle and judged what is in front of me. Not sure what I’ve done wrong. 

I appreciated hearing your views and fully accept why Poole & Newcastle were not included, I'm expecting you to update your list when each is known.

The flak you are getting appears to be more due to part of your name as opposed to your comments  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

When was the last time Newcastle 'flew someone in from all around Europe'? Kenni Larsen strikes me as the last one... Rene Bach and Claes Nedermark too... But not for an awful long time...

Aye but things change... see what happens in 2020...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

1 hour ago, northyorksbear said:

I appreciated hearing your views and fully accept why Poole & Newcastle were not included, I'm expecting you to update your list when each is known.

The flak you are getting appears to be more due to part of your name as opposed to your comments  :rolleyes:

Thank you very much. Yes, I intend to add once complete. I want to discuss with fans why they think a team should be higher/lower not my name. 

4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Have to say, typical Poole reaction. There is plenty going on without half-baked stuff from you.

Why not wait until teams are complete and then have a proper discussion?

Poole have been relegated and the world does not revolve around them any more, if it ever did.

Pirates are in Div 2.

Why shouldn't he be allowed to make prediction based on completed teams, there's absolutely no harm in that! Personally I enjoyed reading his predictions!

• Like 5

Was it not Homer who said “things are difficult to predict, especially the future”. That’s Homer Simpson not Homer the Greek philosopher. 
Anyway, it’s too early to make any overall assessments, but I’ll go with three predictions for now:

Justin Sedgmen won’t last the season at Glasgow and neither will Ostergaard unless he gets some decent kit. 
Poole will find their anti-Brit stance will bite them on the backside. They’ve dropped a league to save money and now are having to look at expensive fly in fly out riders to get anywhere near competitive. 
Leicester will discover the folly of allowing Stewart Dickson to build the team, especially having two 2 point riders at reserve. (See Glasgow 2004)

Edited by Wee Eck

13 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Leicester will discover the folly of allowing Stewart Dickson to build the team, 

SG was "allowed" to build last seasons Lions team which turned out a long way off from being a folly. 

• Haha 1

It's a League where you cant rule anyone out I don't think.

I think Leicester are very strong and don't under-estimate those Thompson Twins!

Glasgow don't look as strong to me and I agree with concerns about Sedgeman in particular

I don't think Somerset are as strong either but REDCAR look to me to be the ones to beat at the moment.

I naturally think Brummies will have a much better season but a niggle that when we go away all opponents will need is a slick track to beat us but we could be dark horses.

Scunthorpe look very weak to me and I'm not sure about Kent especially at reserve.

Edinburgh / Berwick / Eastbourne have all got sides who should be very tough to beat at home. Edinburgh have big hitters away,  Eastbourne have 2-3 who could markedly improve their average but Berwick may struggle again away, although I think Leon Flint (with Drew Kemp) the probably BIG British improvers in 2020.

Wait to see about Newcastle.

As for Poole, very welcome and be very interesting to see what remainder of Team is.

I'll make a 1 - 12 prediction one we know full line up's but at moment would have REDCAR on top and SCUNTHORPE on bottom. Dark horses Brummies and Edinburgh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

SG was "allowed" to build last seasons Lions team which turned out a long way off from being a folly. 

Don’t you believe it. “SG”, or as others call him, SD (!) did what he was told on team building - and more importantly, team changes

50 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's a League where you cant rule anyone out I don't think.

I think Leicester are very strong and don't under-estimate those Thompson Twins!

Glasgow don't look as strong to me and I agree with concerns about Sedgeman in particular

I don't think Somerset are as strong either but REDCAR look to me to be the ones to beat at the moment.

I naturally think Brummies will have a much better season but a niggle that when we go away all opponents will need is a slick track to beat us but we could be dark horses.

Scunthorpe look very weak to me and I'm not sure about Kent especially at reserve.

Edinburgh / Berwick / Eastbourne have all got sides who should be very tough to beat at home. Edinburgh have big hitters away,  Eastbourne have 2-3 who could markedly improve their average but Berwick may struggle again away, although I think Leon Flint (with Drew Kemp) the probably BIG British improvers in 2020.

Wait to see about Newcastle.

As for Poole, very welcome and be very interesting to see what remainder of Team is.

I'll make a 1 - 12 prediction one we know full line up's but at moment would have REDCAR on top and SCUNTHORPE on bottom. Dark horses Brummies and Edinburgh.

Scunny bottom lol