If Newcastle are:

Vissing

Clegg

Smetana

Skorja

Wethers

Wright

Mountain

Sorry, but that’s like six reserves, so unless they settle immediately, surprise everyone and ride out of their skins, it’s gotta be bottom.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

I  quite like the Eastbourne side, way way stronger than last yr, top 6 for sure.

I agree and should improve on away form, a side that has pretty much already gelled..

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

Brennan and Kemp in for Wood and Bowtell.

They lost two home matches this year and got only three points away, not once losing by six or less.

All seven need to improve.

That top line says a lot about the side when you look at it. Strong enough to let Tom Brennan ease back but I very much doubt he will need time. Team spirit will be high as its only really Drew Kemp as a newbe, the Eagles will build and fly high this year..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

If Newcastle are:

Vissing

Clegg

Smetana

Skorja

Wethers

Wright

Mountain

Sorry, but that’s like six reserves, so unless they settle immediately, surprise everyone and ride out of their skins, it’s gotta be bottom.

That's a bit harsh

Berwick and Scunny will be ecstatic with the team Newcastle have put together!!! 

Top 3

Poole

Redcar

Leicester

Bottom 3

Berwick

Scunthorpe 

Newcastle  

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 3:37 PM, DC2 said:

If Newcastle are:

Vissing

Clegg

Smetana

Skorja

Wethers

Wright

Mountain

That's a rediculous comment, maybe you could say they have 5 reserves lol!

1. Poole

2. Redcar 

3. Leicester 

4. Somerset

5. Eastbourne 

6. Birmingham 

7. Glasgow 

8. Edinburgh 

9. Berwick 

10. Scunthorpe 

11. Kent

12. Newcastle 

It's not about the winning, it's the taking part that counts.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 4

Wasn't going to join in until all teams announced but only a couple of riders for the Pirates left to be announced and have two days of work to get through.

Berwick. - Look solid enough, hopefully some improvement from youngsters Flint & Bickley, but I don't think Summers, Etheridge or NBJ are going to improve and will be found wanting in heats 13 & 15 especially away from home.

Birmingham. - League entertainers take 1.  I like this team as it always looks ike it'll always have a strong reserve (Castagna/Shanes/Morris) but unless THJ has a stellar season (and who knows what to expect) I don't see much improvement at the top end and no doubt Harris & Garrity wil lmiss the gate critically at the wrong time in heats 13 & 15.  Surprised Hume wasn't signed at reserve

Eastbourne. - There is room for improvement from the youngsters at the lower end and the top end is solid enough, will be strong at home and may surprise a few away.

Edinburgh. - Masters could push Cook for Championship #1, Worrall & Pickering are decent heat leadlers. Can't see there is much more to come from either Lawson or Sarjeant and the other two riders are complete unknowns.

Glasgow. - Strong top two, both regular top scorers at Championship level.  Bailey, Jensen & Nicol should all improve but one will always be in the team so may struggle then, the other two signings are a little uninspiring.

Kent. - League entertainers take 2.  Solid top 4 but like Brummies all are capable of missing the gate at cruical times, Heeps does blow hot & cold and needs to be more consistent.  Two youngsters who should improve but the signing of Ledwith is a little odd.

Leicester. - There top 5 will blow teams away at times when they're on their game, all are capable of having better 2020's than 2019's with the exception of Proctor.  If the Thompson twins are competitive they could have another good year.

Newcastle. - I'm glad the Diamonds are on track but unless Smetana & Skorja settle quickly they are going to struggle unless Wright recaptures is form of around a decade ago. Mountain is an improver but could struggle as he could be in the 1-5 quicker than he might have expected to be.

Poole. - Strong top 3, Ellis is also an improver less convinced there is more to come from King or Worrall.  Neilsen has been a promising reserve for too long now for whatever reason, just don't think it's going to happen for him.

Redcar. - Look the strongest team to me.  Riss & Wright are the best spearhead, both could push Cook for Champiosnhip #1 if they can stay free of injuries.  Potential improvement from all the others in the line-up which is what wins titles.

Scunthorpe. - League entertainers take 3. Like Berwick, solid but lacking in top end strength. Palin & Ayres could improve.

Somerset. - Decent top 4, it's looking unlikely Bates will ever reach the potential he showed a few years ago sadly.  Don't think there is any room for improvement from any of them however, but the youngsters at reserve could go either way.

Play-off certainties: Redcar, Poole, Leicester.

Play-off maybe's: Glasgow, Eastbourne, Birmingham.

Also rans: Edinburgh, Somerset, Berwick, Scunthorpe, Kent.

Woodspoons: Newcastle.

• Like 4

Eastbourne 1st - 3rd
Great top two, if Brennan can score like last year, will be a very potent team! Not the strongest at reserve but have plenty of potential there!

Glasgow 2nd
Best rider in the league, good reserve in Jensen, Bailey has plenty of promise but there's also plenty of question marks in the top 5!

Edinburgh 1st - 6th
Very strong top two, reserves look very decent, if newcomers perform could challenge for the title, if not scrape into top 6!

Poole 3rd / 4th
Hard to judge as have two places to fill, but have strongest 3rd heat leader in league!

Scunthorpe 4th / 5th
Weakest number one in the league, but have a great reserve in Lambert & the most promising 2.00 rider!

Leicester 5th / 6th
Strongest second strings in the league, but alongside Redcar have the weakest reserves!

Somerset 7th / 8th
Good top 2, exciting riders behind them, but pretty weak in the bottom three!

Kent 7th - 9th
Middle of the road side, Gilkes is very promising!

Birmingham 8th / 9th
A good number one & probably the strongest reserve in the league!

Berwick 10th / 11th
Very solid, potential in their reserves but weak at the top, home advantage should help!

Redcar 10th / 11th
Strongest top 2/3 in the league, but also weakest reserves in the league!

Newcastle 12th
Strong reserves but very weak everywhere else!
Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:
Eastbourne 1st - 3rd
Great top two, if Brennan can score like last year, will be a very potent team! Not the strongest at reserve but have plenty of potential there!

Glasgow 2nd
Best rider in the league, good reserve in Jensen, Bailey has plenty of promise but there's also plenty of question marks in the top 5!

Edinburgh 1st - 6th
Very strong top two, reserves look very decent, if newcomers perform could challenge for the title, if not scrape into top 6!

Poole 3rd / 4th
Hard to judge as have two places to fill, but have strongest 3rd heat leader in league!

Scunthorpe 4th / 5th
Weakest number one in the league, but have a great reserve in Lambert & the most promising 2.00 rider!

Leicester 5th / 6th
Strongest second strings in the league, but alongside Redcar have the weakest reserves!

Somerset 7th / 8th

Kent 7th - 9th

Birmingham 8th / 9th

Berwick 10th / 11th
Very solid, potential in their reserves but weak at the top, home advantage should help!

Redcar 10th / 11th

Newcastle 12th

Obviously your on drugs 

I quote 

Redcar in tenth, ??

Scunthorpe weakest no 1??

Claus Vissing no 1 at Newcastlewill be the lowest average No 1.He  only scored 6 pts at Rough park when he visited with Glasgow 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:
Eastbourne 1st - 3rd

Glasgow 2nd

Edinburgh 1st - 6th

Poole 3rd / 4th

Scunthorpe 4th / 5th

Leicester 5th / 6th

Somerset 7th / 8th

Kent 7th - 9th

Birmingham 8th / 9th

Berwick 10th / 11th

Redcar 10th / 11th

Newcastle 12th

Redcar near wooden spoonists ? And here's me thinking Redcar had a great season last year, and will be one of the strongest again in 2020. I nearly choked on my turkey when I read someone reckons Redcar will be turkeys in 2020. Nah !! Not a chance. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Can some of you not accept that other people have different opinions on how the season will pan out without been rude ? 

Fair point, but some people make it difficult for themselves!

Saying that a team has the strongest top 2/3 in the league, but still having them to finish 11th ( even with "apparently" the 2 weakest reserves) means that they are either on a wind up or have a deep seated dislike of The Bears, I suspect it probably both.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

Fair point, but some people make it difficult for themselves!

Saying that a team has the strongest top 2/3 in the league, but still having them to finish 11th ( even with "apparently" the 2 weakest reserves) means that they are either on a wind up or have a deep seated dislike of The Bears, I suspect it probably both.

Yeah fair enough . I have Redcar top 4 . I have Edinburgh and Eastbourne outside the top 6 also . But its only my opinion and no one has to agree . He says write up of the Brummies and where he places us dont really concur either but hey ho ..