British Speedway Forum
cheekycobra

Predictions thread

48 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Who do you think are favourites to finish bottom?

Newcastle?

Edited by ruffdiamond

Would like to see the two west country teams at top, but Zummerzet have mid-table look. Will go Poole, Glasgow, Leicester top 3, with Newcastle and Berwick battling for wooden spoon.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I asked because you said Newcastle won't finish bottom lol!

If there was a 'book', Newcastle could well be favourites for the spoon, but not all favourites win, (or get beat in this case) ;)

7 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Newcastle look weak, especially in heats 1 to 15.

I like you, you're a funny guy.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, szkocjasid said:

Who do you think are favourites to finish bottom?

Berwick/Newcastle/Somerset..... look the weakest 3 teams to me?

Kent might also be in that bottom 'bracket' if Nicholls/Covatti don't perform at home?

Edited by GiveusaB

The easiest prediction to make is that very few, if any teams will end the season with their starting 1-7. 
Also, I think many of the usual favourites will find it far harder that many think. Poole’s inability to put a team together suggests that they’ve discovered that the previous “magic” of attracting good riders isn’t working in this league. Whoever they go for as their last two are likely to struggle if they are new to UK. Who was the last new rider to this league who hit his assessed average from the start? Indeed, how many struggled to get there at the end of the season? My guess is Poole will take too long to settle and, by the time that they do (if they do) the play offs will be beyond them

Glasgow look vulnerable in the middle and Ostergaard and Sedgmen are unlikely to be there at the finish. Ricky Wells needs to find what it was that he lost last year. They do, however, have two very good reserves, maybe the best two in the league.

Leicester will struggle with their reserves and need the rest of the team to cover for them until they find their feet in this league. I can see a lot of heat 1 5-1s and heat 2 1-5s

Redcar look strong and Eric Riss has had some great meetings in Australia  Their heat leader trio must be the league's strongest but, like Leicester, their reserves will struggle  

For me, the team to watch will be Edinburgh. They’ve done it before and will do it again - a solid team at Fortress Armadale with enough away points to make the play offs, but which time the team will have gelled to become play off winners. 

Oh yes, and everyone’s whipping boys, Newcastle and Berwick will do better than predicted. Berwick have  a great team spirit which means the perform ahead of expectations, and the Newcastle management won’t hesitate in making changes if faced with disastrous results. 

Wooden spoon team for me is Scunthorpe. Although they might have to fight Birmingham for the race to the bottom.

Whatever happens, it’s going to be an interesting year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

The easiest prediction to make is that very few, if any teams will end the season with their starting 1-7. 
Also, I think many of the usual favourites will find it far harder that many think. Poole’s inability to put a team together suggests that they’ve discovered that the previous “magic” of attracting good riders isn’t working in this league. Whoever they go for as their last two are likely to struggle if they are new to UK. Who was the last new rider to this league who hit his assessed average from the start? Indeed, how many struggled to get there at the end of the season? My guess is Poole will take too long to settle and, by the time that they do (if they do) the play offs will be beyond them

Glasgow look vulnerable in the middle and Ostergaard and Sedgmen are unlikely to be there at the finish. Ricky Wells needs to find what it was that he lost last year. They do, however, have two very good reserves, maybe the best two in the league.

Leicester will struggle with their reserves and need the rest of the team to cover for them until they find their feet in this league. I can see a lot of heat 1 5-1s and heat 2 1-5s

Redcar look strong and Eric Riss has had some great meetings in Australia  Their heat leader trio must be the league's strongest but, like Leicester, their reserves will struggle  

For me, the team to watch will be Edinburgh. They’ve done it before and will do it again - a solid team at Fortress Armadale with enough away points to make the play offs, but which time the team will have gelled to become play off winners. 

Oh yes, and everyone’s whipping boys, Newcastle and Berwick will do better than predicted. Berwick have  a great team spirit which means the perform ahead of expectations, and the Newcastle management won’t hesitate in making changes if faced with disastrous results. 

Wooden spoon team for me is Scunthorpe. Although they might have to fight Birmingham for the race to the bottom.

Interesting as I rate Scunthorpe as one of the strongest teams!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Interesting as I rate Scunthorpe as one of the strongest teams!

As I said, an interesting year. I don’t see much room for improvement in the team which is why it doesn’t excite me. Allen should increase his average a little and Palin should go up by a couple of points, but who else? There’s a lot of hype about Ayres but I’m not sure there’s more to come. He’s fast but reckless (look at what happened at the British Final) and I think a five point average is his limit.  
Having said that, I wouldn’t put money on my predictions, so don’t expect anyone else to :D

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Berwick/Newcastle/Somerset..... look the weakest 3 teams to me?

Kent might also be in that bottom 'bracket' if Nicholls/Covatti don't perform at home?

Could easily say that about most teams if there 1 & 5's don't perform... 

7 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

At last somebody talking sence for a change 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Just read your comments and with the exception of Edinburgh who I agree will do well . I think your other teams comments prove you’ve been on the wacky backi or the strong cider 

• Like 1