British Speedway Forum
cheekycobra

Predictions thread

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Just read your comments and with the exception of Edinburgh who I agree will do well . I think your other teams comments prove you’ve been on the wacky backi or the strong cider 

Not at 10am when I wrote it! As I said, it’s only my opinion

• Like 1

23 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Interesting as I rate Scunthorpe as one of the strongest teams!

21 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

As I said, an interesting year. I don’t see much room for improvement in the team which is why it doesn’t excite me. Allen should increase his average a little and Palin should go up by a couple of points, but who else? There’s a lot of hype about Ayres but I’m not sure there’s more to come. He’s fast but reckless (look at what happened at the British Final) and I think a five point average is his limit.  
Having said that, I wouldn’t put money on my predictions, so don’t expect anyone else to :D

Allen could easily put 1 1/2 points on his average as he was held back by the shoulder injury he sustained 1/2 way through the season, establishing him as our no1. Auty could put another 1/2 on his average but hope it keeps him at no5 as that his where he is best. Both Tero & TJ should improve their averages due to being back at the EWR. Ayres has matured a little more now & is not reckless. What you saw at the British Final(& still on YouTube) was a rider that wanted to win a heat, wanted to beat a top guy in Harris, was riding mid track just in the deep stuff but on the last lap on bends 3 & 4, just carried to much speed & went into the deeper stuff. That was not reckless but a bit of bottle. Any one else would have, probably, decked it. Lambert & Palin could both improve, maybe only by about 1/2 point depending on where they ride in the team.

• Like 1

People having opinions is what it is all about , some may not agree with them but they may not agree with your opinion.

It is a bit of fun and should just treat as such.

• Like 6

On 1/29/2020 at 11:28 PM, Fromafar said:

Glasgow,Redcar,Leicester,Scunthorpe,Poole and Eastbourne in no particular order for Top6.IMO.

I would agree with that 6 :t:

On 1/14/2020 at 1:06 PM, Gazc said:

People having opinions is what it is all about , some may not agree with them but they may not agree with your opinion.

It is a bit of fun and should just treat as such.

Exactly. Every single winter several people get their knickers in a twist over a thread which is just a bit of fun. Bonkers. 

• Like 4

1. Redcar - strong top 5 especially the top 3, if the reserves show improvement they definitely look strong.

2. Leicester - very strong top 5 but I don't think the reserves are the strongest

3. Eastbourne - will be strong at home and will take some points away from home.

4. Somerset - bit of bias but the side is better than people think with improvement in there.

5. Poole - top 3 is good but with 2 new Aussies who will take time to adjust and imo not the strongest engine room they just miss out.

6. Glasgow - Cook is the strongest in the league but Wells/Ostergaard/Sedgmen isn't a great top end, improvement from the lower end but not enough.

7. Birmingham - stronger than last season but still not enough to challenge for play offs.

8. Scunthorpe - hit by the sad loss to Danny Ayres {R.I.P} solid depth but I don't think strong enough.

9. Edinburgh - two new riders in the main body and I don't see a lot of improvement at reserve.

10. Berwick - Doolan leaves a big gap imo. I hope the reserves do well but big shoes to fill.

11. Kent - an ok side but not as strong as other sides

12. Newcastle - at least they have speedway this season but all in all a poor side

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, SomersetBlue said:

1. Redcar - strong top 5 especially the top 3, if the reserves show improvement they definitely look strong.

2. Leicester - very strong top 5 but I don't think the reserves are the strongest

3. Eastbourne - will be strong at home and will take some points away from home.

4. Somerset - bit of bias but the side is better than people think with improvement in there.

5. Poole - top 3 is good but with 2 new Aussies who will take time to adjust and imo not the strongest engine room they just miss out.

6. Glasgow - Cook is the strongest in the league but Wells/Ostergaard/Sedgmen isn't a great top end, improvement from the lower end but not enough.

7. Birmingham - stronger than last season but still not enough to challenge for play offs.

8. Scunthorpe - hit by the sad loss to Danny Ayres {R.I.P} solid depth but I don't think strong enough.

9. Edinburgh - two new riders in the main body and I don't see a lot of improvement at reserve.

10. Berwick - Doolan leaves a big gap imo. I hope the reserves do well but big shoes to fill.

12. Newcastle - at least they have speedway this season but all in all a poor side

Underestimating Glasgow lower end,Nicol,Bailey& Jensen will be strong Imo.;)

1 Glasgow

2 Redcar

3 Leicester

4 Poole

5 Somerset

6 Eastbourne

7 Edinburgh

8 Scunthorpe

9 Berwick

10 Birmingham

11 Kent

12 Newcastle

On 2/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, SomersetBlue said:

On 2/6/2020 at 4:52 PM, Fromafar said:

Underestimating Glasgow lower end,Nicol,Bailey& Jensen will be strong Imo.;)

Agree with your comment "Fromafar" Glasgow's bottom end is stronger than last year, technically replacing Bickley with Nicol, but at the top far weaker replacing Jensen with Wells!

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Agree with your comment "Fromafar" Glasgow's bottom end is stronger than last year, technically replacing Bickley with Nicol, but at the top far weaker replacing Jensen with Wells!

Jensen started the season on a 6 + average and he kicked on big time, Ricky Wells had a bad season last year and I am sure he will do well this season, he is under less pressure not being no 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Technically your are replacing Bickley with Sam Jensen at reserve.Thats a big difference .IMO .Nicol is replacing the No 2  or 4 slot.Wells had a bad season for various reasons still managed a decent average though ,can see him as a good signing.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Technically your are replacing Bickley with Sam Jensen at reserve.Thats a big difference .IMO .Nicol is replacing the No 2  or 4 slot.Wells had a bad season for various reasons still managed a decent average though ,can see him as a good signing.

But Jensen was in the same team as Bickley last season so can't be "replacing" him in the team is how I see it!

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But Jensen was in the same team as Bickley last season so can't be "replacing" him in the team is how I see it!

While they were in the same Team ,Sam Jensen rode at No 4 in all his matches Bickley never got out of reserve ,Nicol has a higher average than both of them so will have to ride at 2 or 4. Jensen is replacing Bickley at reserve is my point.On what I saw last season that is a big +.

• Like 3